Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

QR Kilo Loose Seat Stay
Quote | Reply
Before I dig into it and start taking things apart thought I'd query ST. 5 or 6 year old QR Kilo that I just noticed is loose at junction of the seat stay and dropout. It appears to be a "two part" system with the traditional horizontal dropout then another metal component that bridges/forms the seatstay/chainstay junction. The top flush mount screw seems to be very tight on an initial half hearted attempt at loosening/tightening. The "play" seems to be around that screw like maybe the metal has worn away from the screw head. Anyway, before I get real committed at taking this screw/plate/dropout system apart and seeing if it is a metal wear issue, carbon crack, or other problem, thought I'd see if anyone else has had this happen and what they found/did/etc.

I am referring to the seat stay junction/top screw which is flush mount, the other two drop out screws seem firm/no play/no play at chainstay. I messaged QR yesterday re. this and have not yet heard back. Work time permitting will call today as well.
Last edited by: dgf: May 18, 17 7:41
Quote Reply
Re: QR Kilo Loose Seat Stay [dgf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a similar thing happen on my '04 Litespeed Ultimate. Basically, the dropout undbonded (is that a real word) from the carbon seat stay. Litespeed fixed it under warranty. They also found a crack in the head tube and replaced that under warranty, too. Litespeed had a lifetime warranty then. I think it's a 10yr warranty now.

My suggestion is to call QR.
Quote Reply