Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone Following Darren Kavinoky's Bizzare Run Across America? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This analysis of Darren Kavinoky's bike ride was posted on that LetsRun thread yesterday calling out his implausible average speed on a mountain bike for 66 miles. Do you guys agree?

Quote:
Still Cheating wrote:

Looks like Kavinoky reached Sweetwater, Texas so now I will give my scathing breakdown of how they failed to cheat properly today.

For that running picture he posted, that is not from today. It is from some unknown past day. You can tell because he is wearing grey tights in the running picture whereas he is wearing white tights in the biking pictures today. But that's not what I'm going to scath Kavinoky about today. It is the blatant fake bike ride from Lamesa, TX that he did today.

At 9:53 AM, Kavinoky tweeted a video of him about to ride off from Lamesa:

Quote:

Darren Kavinokyā€¸Verified account @DarrenKavinoky

Come out and join me on my #JourneyAcrossAmerica!

9:53 AM - 22 May 2017

Then at 1:35 PM, Kavinoky tweeted a picture of him at the intersection of Highway 180 where it turns into Highway 84.

Quote:

Enjoying my time in #Texas! #WhatsMyWin

1:35 PM - 22 May 2017

From Lamesa to that intersection is 66 miles (106 km) according to Google Maps. The total time change is 3 hours 42 min. This gives an average speed of 17.6 mph (28.3 km/h) for this segment, which is totally ridiculous on a mountain bike with their level of fitness and with no drafting (they never draft in their pictures). If they ever stopped during this time to piss or eat, then the average speed gets even more ridiculous. I've seen Kavinoky's Athlink results and that first ever twitter video from the beginning of this "journey" of him trying to ride up a low incline hill where he had to literally come to a walking pace. Kavinoky is a below average endurance athlete in both running and cycling.

They then go from that intersection to the 35 miles (56.3 km) to Sweetwater, TX:

Quote:

Happy 2 make #Sweetwater #Texas b4 clouds opened up on us! 100+ miles today. #WhatsMyWin? Again 2morrow! Urs?

5:19 PM - 22 May 2017

From 1:35 PM to 5:19 PM is 3 hours 44 min, which gives this second segment an average speed of 9.33 mph (15.0 km/h). This is an astounding drop in average speed which is very suspicious. This second segment was more the speed a grandma on a beach cruiser bike would ride. Even if they stopped for a whole hour, the average riding speed would still only be 12.7 mph (20.5 km/h). For someone that could ride so blazingly fast the first 66 miles, this simply just doesn't happen.

In short, Kavinoky's bike ride today was fake.

https://twitter.com/...s/866698476955906048

https://twitter.com/...s/866754331298496512

https://twitter.com/...s/866810829328588802

Quote:
Still Cheating wrote:

Oh yeah, I want to add that there is still no picture of Kavinoky sweating. Even when he was supposedly going all Lance Armstrong on that first 66 miles of the bike ride today.

Quote:
Still Cheating wrote:

If you want proof that Kavinoky sucks at cycling and is not an elite level cyclist capable of huge average speeds, take a look at this video of him in this tweet riding up a very small incline hill that they forgot to delete. Kavinoky sucks at riding a bike so much that even a hobby jogger is passing him!

Quote:

whats my win @whatsmywin
0:18
3:18 PM Ā· Apr 28, 2017

https://mobile.twitter.com/...s/858068030890180608
Last edited by: Hybridlete: May 23, 17 7:32
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Following Darren Kavinoky's Bizzare Run Across America? [Hybridlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone in the Dallas, TX area able to go out on Highway 20 for a ride tomorrow? Kavinoky appears likely to be doing the 125 miles from Eastland, TX to Dallas, TX tomorrow on his mountain bike. Would be nice to get some eye witnesses.
Quote Reply

Prev Next