Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do I skip a training day to go watch the 70.3 Worlds next Sunday?
Quote | Reply
Building to IMC, July 30.

Been very consistent. Knock on wood. Rested, healthy, progressing in volume & such without many life road blocks or detours up to this point.

Still, my race is not too far away and we all know that every big opening in the week is an opportunity to prepare.

However, I am pretty close to Chatt and I'm kind of interested in heading up there just to watch this throw down with all of the heavy hitters.

I'd still be able to get a big Saturday of training in. At most, at the WC on Sunday, I'd squeeze in a short run while all the action is away on the bike.

What would you do?
Get mucho out of Saturday training and go enjoy a highly anticipated pro scene on Sunday?
or, stick to the training build and enjoy the race via reports online/twitter/etc afterwards?

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Quote Reply
Re: Do I skip a training day to go watch the 70.3 Worlds next Sunday? [morpheus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Worlds are September 9th and 10th. So enjoy your workout.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: May 14, 17 8:36
Quote Reply
Re: Do I skip a training day to go watch the 70.3 Worlds next Sunday? [morpheus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
70.3 worlds is September 9 and 10. 70.3 Chattanooga is next weekend. The pro start list for 70.3 chatt is not nearly as deep as 70.3 worlds.

Don't go. Train.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would suggest a big training day the day prior and then map out different locations to spectate from along the course and enjoy a low intensity run around without getting in anyone's way.

I don't know how close is close, but if you have a family, I wouldn't spend 2 hrs in the car each way plus 5 hrs at the race though. I don't think the experience will be worth 9 hr commitment, but that's me...

Also check race date...
Last edited by: SBRinSD: May 14, 17 8:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you play golf? If the US Open came to a course near you would skip the range to go watch a round? Of course not. That range day could be the difference between an 81 or 79 in your next round.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i say go. If it excites you and motivates you. Absolutely. Rest days are great! Enjoy!
Quote Reply
Re: Do I skip a training day to go watch the 70.3 Worlds next Sunday? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Do you play golf? If the US Open came to a course near you would skip the range to go watch a round? Of course not. That range day could be the difference between an 81 or 79 in your next round.

"Of course not"

I'd guess it isn't nearly that simple for folks. Plenty of people would skip the range to watch professionals. Seeing the ITU folks in Chicago in '14 and '15 was really neat.

I would do it for Worlds in September, but not the regular 70.3.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Do I skip a training day to go watch the 70.3 Worlds next Sunday? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this supposed to be in pink???
Quote Reply
Re: Do I skip a training day to go watch the 70.3 Worlds next Sunday? [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

"Of course not"

I'd guess it isn't nearly that simple for folks. Plenty of people would skip the range to watch professionals. Seeing the ITU folks in Chicago in '14 and '15 was really neat.

I would do it for Worlds in September, but not the regular 70.3.

See post below yours. This was my attempt at saying people take a single day of training way too seriously.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just go get drunk all weekend instead!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ride your bike to the event and back. 2 birds - one stone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One day of training won't move the needle for you. If you want to skip, skip!
Quote Reply
Re: Do I skip a training day to go watch the 70.3 Worlds next Sunday? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aahhhhhh, I didn't pick up that WC was a totally different animal.

I've backed off on the current events in the pro world for a while and this little detail got by me.

Now, I'll keep to my schedule, take care of IMC, and make the time in September for the big 70.3 sprint.

details...never been my thing.

and, thanks to everyone for the feedback.

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Last edited by: morpheus: May 14, 17 14:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bad! Sarcasm detector was malfunctioning...I figured I just didn't know enough about golf.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply