Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does BTA bottle direction really matter?
Quote | Reply
Just wondering what the consensus is regarding the direction of mounting BTA water bottles, and if it really matters from an aero perspective. I've got the Zipp Alumina BTA with quickview. I can mount the bottle in either direction, but would prefer to have the Garmin more forward so I can see it. That drawback is that the bottom of the water bottle is facing forwards. Thanks for the help!

-Pete

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Does BTA bottle direction really matter? [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
allenpg wrote:
Just wondering what the consensus is regarding the direction of mounting BTA water bottles, and if it really matters from an aero perspective. I've got the Zipp Alumina BTA with quickview. I can mount the bottle in either direction, but would prefer to have the Garmin more forward so I can see it. That drawback is that the bottom of the water bottle is facing forwards. Thanks for the help!

-Pete
If the bottle is properly positioned between your arms it'll make little or zero difference. Even if the bottle was fully exposed it's not obvious which way around would be best. The Garmin is likely to make a bigger aero difference if it's sticking up a little. I'd be more concerned with which makes the bottle most accessible and puts the Garmin where you can actually use it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your hands are protecting the bottle, than I agree with above (minimal). That said, there is a reason xlab put an air foil rear end and rounded front end to there torpedo.

allenpg wrote:

-Pete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always try to get the bottle pointing forward. Most extensions are angles slightly up, and almost every person I know who has a bottle pointing towards them the bottle leaks onto their brakes, wheels, or headset depending on where it is position. Pointing forward it can still leak but seems like a lot less.
Quote Reply