Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The single best town for the very best cycling [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Adding to my sales pitch for Alleghe, here are a few of the climbs from there.

Passo Pordoi:

San Pellegrino

Staulanza

These pix look delicious.
Quote Reply
Re: The single best town for the very best cycling [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beckoning Duffy (a little), where can you ride road relatively free of hateful drivers with lots of hills (altitude is fine too), access to windsurfing or kitesurfing venues, and also mountain biking (not downhilling, but rather XC and hill climbing) and still the weather allows you to surf or ride >75% of the year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spa in the Belgian Ardennes. 25% grade climbs, great food, great scenery - I kept quoting 'The Rider' in my head as I passed indifferent cows, statue of Eddy Merckx at the top of one particularly steep climb (like the Beast at St. Croix only 8% steeper), polite drivers, history (Liege-Baston-Liege).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bologna, Italy. Climbing, Climbing and more Climbing if you want. There are climbs near the city center, that will be visible watching the 100th edition of the Giro di Emilia this Saturday. The climbing extends south towards Tuscany, and East towards Imola, (site of the 1968 World Championships) and all the way to the Adriatic Sea. Bologna hosts the Gran Fondo10 (dieci) Colli and near by in Romagna is the 9 (nove) Colli. Going north its pancake flat almost all the way to Switzerland, great for TT training and the winter when its cold out. Between the great climbs are gorgeous Valley roads to link it all together. Another plus, the best post ride food anywhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll second Bourg d'Oisans and Briancon, then add Bagneres-de-Bigorre...those were the 3 that came to top of mind first. I stayed in Bagneres-de-Bigorre and Guillestre (near Briancon), and you've got several HC climbs right outside of town with light, friendly traffic. I was really impressed with the routes around Barneres-de-Bigorre, so if I had to choose one, that would be it.

I'm honestly up in the air about places in the USA. Lots of great places to ride, but nothing like what I experienced in France. The biggest issue here are the drivers.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: The single best town for the very best cycling [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stayed in Dillon this summer, near Frisco, and it’s a great cycling area. Only thing is I view Colorado as a great summer cycling area, but how about the winter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To lazy to scroll through the pages to see if it has been mentioned...Lake Annecy.

Prev Next