Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any info on Garmin releasing new bike computers?
Quote | Reply
Specifically, referring to an updated 520. Not sure what additional features they could add, but imagine something is in the works. Any scoop?
Quote Reply
Re: Any info on Garmin releasing new bike computers? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's been almost 2 years so following Garmin's 2-3 year release cycle....it's certainly plausible.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Any info on Garmin releasing new bike computers? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
Specifically, referring to an updated 520. Not sure what additional features they could add, but imagine something is in the works. Any scoop?

I thought the 820 was the update to the 520. About the same size...both with 2.3" screen.
Last edited by: trail: May 9, 17 8:19
Quote Reply
Re: Any info on Garmin releasing new bike computers? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:

I thought the 820 was the update to the 520. About the same size...both with 2.3" screen.

No, the 520/820/1000 are going up the model scale. A 1010/1100 is due to be announced this year. And the 520 is roughly due. I suspect main things it will get are the latest Connect IQ releases and a bit more "live" functionality.
Quote Reply
Re: Any info on Garmin releasing new bike computers? [chilled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chilled wrote:

No, the 520/820/1000 are going up the model scale. A 1010/1100 is due to be announced this year. And the 520 is roughly due. I suspect main things it will get are the latest Connect IQ releases and a bit more "live" functionality.

Hmm. Then I think they're going to have a hard time updating the 520 without undercutting the 820. Because the only significant hardware difference seems to be the touchscreen. Most of it is software features you'd Garmin would want to propagate throughout their product line , e.g. GroupTrack, route creation, incidident detection.
Quote Reply