Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman CDA
Quote | Reply
Anyone familiar with the course? Are the hills on the bike climbs or rollers? Disc wheel preferred?
Gracias,
Juan
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman CDA [oldhagj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
longer sustained climbs. 6% give or take 1% the whole way, two climbs and you do them twice about 2 miles long. Tough but doable if you pace well. Disc? Of course, unless you're climbing the alps always a disc. Some other "hills" but not tough ones just some moguls if you will. Beautiful venue, doing it again this year!!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman CDA [griffeyfan04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a great course! Thanks for the feedback!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 loop bike course with big climbs. You'll want a power meter if you're doing this course
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watch the winds on the downhills...last year we got some screamers on the downhill sections when the road became exposed....few folks went down so be confident in your handling skills or ride the bullhorns.

Run is a dream after the hills on the bike....flat, warm but great support.

Awesome town, great locals. Had a blast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did this as my first Ironman in 2014, and absolutely loved it! I live in pancake flat Houston, so I was really nervous about the long sustained climbs as all I could train on here was rollers, but I has no issues. I swapped out my 12-25 cassette for an 11-28 and was able to spin up the hills. I wasn't fast, but I keep a decently high cadence and was able to have a far better run than I expected. Surprisingly, I had bigger issues with the long screaming descents than I did the climbs. Good luck, it's a great race and a great town.
Quote Reply