Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

KNEE PAIN FROM SWIMMING INJURY??? Knee Replacement
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to help my father figure out what happened to him during a swimming injury. He had a knee replacement done on both knees with implants... which is why we're so worried.

6 days ago he was swimming in a pool and slammed his heel into the wall when making a turn. His heel was pretty sore but more concerning was the pain he was getting in the front of his knee, right below the anterior (front) knee cap. We're worried that he loosened the implant from the knee replacement but I'm trying to research to see if there is some other connection to the heel impact. The knee pain continues but the heel pain has subsided.

He describes the pain feeling like "nerve pain" as it comes on suddenly, causing him to literally lose balance and cringe.

If anyone has any insight on this I would truly appreciate it! Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: KNEE PAIN FROM SWIMMING INJURY??? Knee Replacement [Kcurran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pretty known (atleast to me) hell striking is a big cause of knee replacements in the first place.... so in theory it makes sense.
Maybe the patellar implant moved or loosened ?
Quote Reply
Re: KNEE PAIN FROM SWIMMING INJURY??? Knee Replacement [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what we're thinking too, but hoping there might be another explanation. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: KNEE PAIN FROM SWIMMING INJURY??? Knee Replacement [Kcurran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once those things are set, it is near impossible to displace unless there is major trauma. Anterior/inferior knee pain is not typically associated with reasons for knee replacements. How old is the replacement?
Quote Reply
Re: KNEE PAIN FROM SWIMMING INJURY??? Knee Replacement [Calvinbal6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your response! His knee replacement was about 3 or 4 years ago... this is certainly relieving to hear
Quote Reply