Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRAM link with Wipperman chain
Quote | Reply
Can you use a sram quicklink with a wipperman chain? I know you can do the reverse, wipperman link + sram chain. I assume all the pin holes are the same size so it should work.

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM link with Wipperman chain [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
Can you use a sram quicklink with a wipperman chain? I know you can do the reverse, wipperman link + sram chain. I assume all the pin holes are the same size so it should work.

Thanks.

I'm 99% sure that it would work but why in the world would one ever want to. The Wippermann Connex links are so much nicer to work with. If they were cheaper I'd always use them over other master links.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only reason I can think of is if you are using a wide/narrow up front. The Connex link may not work well with that set up. I have had one customer report that as an issue but have not confirmed myself - just FYI.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM link with Wipperman chain [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
The only reason I can think of is if you are using a wide/narrow up front. The Connex link may not work well with that set up. I have had one customer report that as an issue but have not confirmed myself - just FYI.

I wonder if your customer installed the Connex Link backwards. Many folks don't realized there is a directionality to them and you won't be happy with the result if you goof that up.

Hugh

Quote Reply
Re: SRAM link with Wipperman chain [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
CCF wrote:

Thanks.

I'm 99% sure that it would work but why in the world would one ever want to. The Wippermann Connex links are so much nicer to work with. If they were cheaper I'd always use them over other master links.

Hugh

Certainly would not choose to use it. I keep a spare link in my bag and have a newly installed wipperman on one bike. Just wondering if I need to change the spare depending on the bike I'm riding.

Quote Reply
Re: SRAM link with Wipperman chain [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:

Works fine in my experience.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
sciguy wrote:
CCF wrote:

Thanks.

Hugh

Certainly would not choose to use it. I keep a spare link in my bag and have a newly installed wipperman on one bike. Just wondering if I need to change the spare depending on the bike I'm riding.

It ought to be fine as a backup. I actually prefer the KMC Missing link to the Sram version but have not used a Sram in many years so perhaps they have improved.

Hugh

Quote Reply