Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Administrator
Re: Rev3 Quassy Olympic, road bike? [runner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runner66 wrote:
I am doing this race for the second year in a row. I struggled with the hills on the bike course last year. I am curious if anyone has used a road bike on this course and if so, whether that was a good choice.

Always use a tribike if racing triathlon unless you 45-49 and in a race with me. Then use your road bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
train for the hills
use the tribike
(i've used both-the tribike is faste)
know your limitations and strengths
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I usually use the tri bike but last year it was in the shop and had to use the road bike. The tri bike is faster. Still plenty of time spent in the aero position. If you have the choice go with the tri bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have done it in the past on road bike, but using the tri bike this year and very excited to see how much faster I can be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can crush that course on a tribike. Only one or two places where a road bike would be marginally better. For like two minutes. Maybe you are overgeared for your current fitness level? No shame in swapping a compact on there or a 32t. Well, a little shame but better than walking.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've only done the half there but any part of it is a tough course. It's the constant changing and turning that makes it so tough I think. There isn't much opportunity to just click in and motor anywhere. Or, aside from one climb, even to sit in and grind uphill for long.
Quote Reply