Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Verona, WI running
Quote | Reply
Going to Verona Monday through Wednesday for work. Any nice running roads or trails you would recommend?

Looks like I'll need warm clothes.
Quote Reply
Re: Verona, WI running [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Military Ridge is an old railroad bed trail. Flat and straight but still nice. If you go towards Madison it will eventually turn to blacktop. If you go the other way you have about 40 miles of packed gravel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assuming you are out for epic stuff, so x2 on the military ridge trail. Runs right past the backside of Epic. Dirt if you head head west, pavement heading east towards Madison from Verona.

Depending on where you are staying, I might have other recommendations. Great running downtown Madison if that's where you are at.

Bring gloves and hat, it's been cruddy weather.
Quote Reply
Re: Verona, WI running [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you suggesting there is no reason to come to Verona besides Epic? ;-)
I just checked and I'm staying in Madison actually.
Candlewood Suites
5421 Caddis Bend

It's already in the 90s in Gainesville, FL. And sticky.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another option would be the Cap City Trail. You can basically pick it up outside of your hotel.
Quote Reply
Re: Verona, WI running [SSMinnow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah great. I'll check that out. I probably will run in the am before heading to Epic HQ.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X2 on what SSMinnow said. Cap city is close to your hotel. Either direction you go will be good running for many miles. If you go east the only tricky part for a non-local is when you go over the ped bridge over Fisher Hatchery; this is the only section where you'll run on some road. The road you want to be on is Glacier Valley. You'll go on that road about 0.35 miles and then you'll see the trail again to your left. Just keep in mind it's a mixed use path and there will be some bikes. Most riders are mindful that it's mixed use but occasionally you get people flying around curves in the wooded areas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As stated you are right by Military Ridge which runs behind Epic.

If you have time and want to get out of the city Donald Park is not too far, good hard trails to run.

The Arboretum has some great trails, and the paths are endless. It's towards downtown, about a 15 minute drive from where you are.

PM me if you want a run buddy Tuesday AM.
Quote Reply
Re: Verona, WI running [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My vote is for the Arb or the trails out by Picnic Point. A fun route is to go down State St., up Bascom Hill, down along Lake Mendota, out to Picnic Point, turnaround and come back. Of course, for a longer route get lost in the trails out there...:)

bcagle25 wrote:
As stated you are right by Military Ridge which runs behind Epic.

If you have time and want to get out of the city Donald Park is not too far, good hard trails to run.

The Arboretum has some great trails, and the paths are endless. It's towards downtown, about a 15 minute drive from where you are.

PM me if you want a run buddy Tuesday AM.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply