Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TSS Variance-- Wahoo Elemnt versus Training Peaks
Quote | Reply
I am getting significant variations on my TSS scores on my Wahoo Elemnt versus Training Peaks. I completed a ride yesterday and the Elemnt showed a TSS of 230. When uploaded to TP, TP shows a TSS of 163. The FTP was correct in each app, as was the time, mileage etc.. Any ideas as to why this differential in TSS?
Quote Reply
Re: TSS Variance-- Wahoo Elemnt versus Training Peaks [zerobars] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zerobars wrote:
I am getting significant variations on my TSS scores on my Wahoo Elemnt versus Training Peaks. I completed a ride yesterday and the Elemnt showed a TSS of 230. When uploaded to TP, TP shows a TSS of 163. The FTP was correct in each app, as was the time, mileage etc.. Any ideas as to why this differential in TSS?

It is apparently because of an error in how the Wahoo Element calculates normalized power:

https://groups.google.com/...mkgLKoPWo%5B51-75%5D
Quote Reply
Re: TSS Variance-- Wahoo Elemnt versus Training Peaks [zerobars] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did my first ride with my new Bolt yesterday and noticed the same thing -- absurdly high TSS and IF.
But when I divided my ride's NP by the IF I ended up with 190w which happened to be the default FTP setting in the Elemnt app. So, even though I did set my correct FTP when setting up the Bolt, those two fields under Power Metrics (TSS, IF) appear to get calculated with the default setting. The graphs look fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same problem. I'm hoping it's resolved soon.
Quote Reply