Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Charleston, South Carol, Tri and Bike Shops
Quote | Reply
Greetings,
I'm going to be in Charleston early Jan for a conference and would like to indulge in some New Years shopping. Any tips on places to go?
Thanks,
SteveMc
Quote Reply
Re: Charleston, South Carol, Tri and Bike Shops [SteveMc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shopping for what?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Charleston, South Carol, Tri and Bike Shops [DualFual] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Possibly a new frame..
SteveMc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.charlestontriathlonclub.com/

Check out this link it will have a few bike clubs and tri stores in the area. Go tri sports is good on hilton head and coastal bikes is good in charelston.. Good luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Charleston Bicycle Company.

http://www.charlestonbicyclecompany.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Charleston, South Carol, Tri and Bike Shops [brooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Guys,
Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrySports in Mt. Pleasant for clothing. They have good customer service and good selection of shoes and clothing. For biking needs, I will drive 4 hours to The Right Gear in Kannapolis, NC. I just like the owner in Kannapolis.

Want to swim? Try the MLK pool in downtown Charleston. You only want to swim here during the day, but it is a great 50 meter heated pool with bubble. The pool is located near the "not so nice part of Charleston", but I always feel safe and the pool is home to many swimmers and triathletes. You pay $1.00 if you check city resident, otherwise you have for fork over $2.00. Some of the local bike shop owners swim at this pool.

You have to run across the bridge when in town. I work d-town so let me know, so let me know if you need any other information.

Quote | Reply
You absolutely must stop by Patt and Mike Loggins's "The Extra Mile" store on King Street, downtown. They are longtime area triathlon supporters/organizers/racers. You can find plenty of clothing (mostly running), and other assorted tri-related gear.

Also...you MUST run a loop around the Battery, Calhoun street, up to and through The Citadel campus, and back. You can deviate plenty off the straight loop and cover much of what is special about downtown Charleston. Other good runs include the beach at Isle of Palms and Hampton park/The Citadel area.

As far as bike stuff...I'll leave that to others. I am a former resident, and frequent re-visitor (inlaws)...but I've lost touch with the bike shops. The last time I was there the bike shops I used to use had all gone downhill some. Too many young college types working there that didn't know much about what they were selling or doing.

Also, if you're looking for good training while you are down there...Mike and Patt can hook you up with some good folks.
Quote Reply