Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fat tire IM [FlyingScot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FlyingScot wrote:
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Were there some expansion joints at an angle? I've seen people get their front wheel wedged into angled joints and have nightmarish wrecks from it. If you aren't vigilant, you can easily catch those while fueling or looking behind you.

Majority were perpendicular to the road, but there was a joint I remember (on the north half, want to say near 1960) that was about 30 degrees off of perpendicular. Fairly easy to spot, though, dark rubber "gasket" cutting across fairly fresh concrete, didn't see any wrecks there.

I agree, most expansion joints were straight across. I did think there were an abnormal amount of flats but I've also never ridden the area so I'm comparing it to where I ride, I'd say its probably a good idea to check your wheels for true, check all fasteners for torque and give everything a close inspection. The section that had the signs up warning that aerobars weren't to be used were pretty rough, there was at least on obstacle there that was more a bike jump than I normally like taking on my bike.

As far as the Fat Bike goes, seems like you see at least one in every race anymore, I was more impressed by the guy riding the late 70's/early 80's yellow Schwinn. Hell, he had his nutrition on his bike the day before the race when it was 90+ degrees outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Fat tire IM [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I still think this guy wins.
Quote Reply

Prev Next