Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
That clip might be from "Himself" in fact

It is. I watched it over and over on HBO, as a wee lass.
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [Virginia Plain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Virginia Plain wrote:
RandMart wrote:
That clip might be from "Himself" in fact

It is. I watched it over and over on HBO, as a wee lass.

Yep! Another one I just remembered was the "I brought you into this world... and I can take you out." line.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [plant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw Keith Richards at a 7-Eleven in Cherry Hill once

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6275299#p6275299

It was afternoon, though, and we didn't stick around to see if he got anything to eat

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Probably wants "free" healthcare.

Actually, unhealthy lifestyles reduce healthcare costs. The cost of a major illness can be more than many years of standard healthcare. The less healthy the person the less likely they are to survive a major illness. Healthier people are more likely to cost providers for multiple major illnesses.

People who die young also help our overburdened social security.

When you see a morbidly obese person smoking and washing down a moon pie with a big gulp you should be thankful. Their likely early demise means more resources for those of us who have long healthy lives.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
PS: I rarely go to the doctor because I'm healthy (and when I do I pay cash). I also have a DNR order. How am I costing "the system" anything?

I felt like a bit of a fool because I always opted for the most expensive health care plan at work and I didn't go to the doctor once for almost a decade. They made a lot of money off of me back then.

Then again, when I did need surgery they spent a boatload of money on me so I guess it evens out.

If someday you have a major illness or injury you could cost "the system" lots but you selfishly didn't pay into it while you were healthy.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
If someday you have a major illness or injury you could cost "the system" lots but you selfishly didn't pay into it while you were healthy.

I selfishly didn't pay into it?

I have health insurance and have had health insurance that I've paid for out of my own pocket for the last 20 fucking years.

I rarely ever use it.

How the fuck is that "selfish"?

First off, I didn't mean it to be a personal insult so can we turn the volume down a bit?

When you said you paid out of pocket for medical care I assumed you meant you didn't buy health insurance.

If young healthy people pay as they go and only old sick people buy health insurance than insurance will be more expensive.

The whole point of the Heritage foundation health care plan/Romneycare/Affordable Care Act is for young people to buy insurance even though they probably won't need it so young healthy people subsidize health care for old sickly people keeping things affordable for everyone.

Personally I would junk our entire private healthcare system and go to single payer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I also have a DNR order.
Very smart having a Do Not Rape order
Never know what happens to you when they put you under :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next