Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store
Quote | Reply
Early morning newspaper purchases lead me to witnessing some horrific breakfast purchases. Today was a leading contender. Super Big Gulp, 2 tall Monsters, 2 biscuits, bag of Swedish Fish and a pack of smokes. Ugh!
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [plant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couple weeks ago I stopped for gas at a convenience store about 1/2 mile from a county (rural) high school. Constant stream of students coming out with multiple cans of Mountain Dew, Monster, etc. The adults' fare of coffee and ginormous donuts was pretty healthy in comparison.

And we wonder why healthcare is so expensive.
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [Hokiebird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. My wife has to constantly remind me to tone down my "I'm disgusted" face when we are grocery shopping. 300lb "lady" on a motorized scooter with an oxygen tank draping those stupid little 6 packs of Mt. Dew over the sides of her front basket.

I understand that it's an addiction but I'm still disgusted by it.
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [plant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Instant pick lottery guy
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harry wrote:
Instant pick lottery guy

Ugh, I remember I worked at a store that sold lottery tickets. Its bad when you start to memorize people's numbers. Because they pick them every other day.

I have seen people spend 100-200 on scratch offs or instant tickets a day, 7 days a week.
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My aunt and grandmother bought $26 a day worth of tickets every day of the week for years...
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used to work in a convenience store aas well/ nothing more annoying than someone playing 100 dollars worht of numbers while customers are waiting in line to pay for gas etc.. It got to the point where we would drop the lottery player and make them wait rather than the customers
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [plant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My workplace has a cafeteria, I'm always surprised at 8 am when I see people who will get bacon and eggs for breakfast, and then have a large piece of chocolate cake, too.
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Used to work in a convenience store aas well/ nothing more annoying than someone playing 100 dollars worht of numbers while customers are waiting in line to pay for gas etc.. It got to the point where we would drop the lottery player and make them wait rather than the customers

I am somewhat fascinated at times listening to people order lottery tickets. The ones who play individual numbers and play them multiple ways, boxed - reversed - upside down or whatever the terms are. It seems like a 5 min process and while I assume with all the numbers plus scratch offs it's going to be ~ $100 , it comes out to maybe $20.

It's got to be a little brutal entering all that.
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [plant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant wrote:
Early morning newspaper purchases lead me to witnessing some horrific breakfast purchases. Today was a leading contender. Super Big Gulp, 2 tall Monsters, 2 biscuits, bag of Swedish Fish and a pack of smokes. Ugh!

Probably wants "free" healthcare.

It's only smellz.

- Rocco Siffredi
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was until you got efficient at it.
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [plant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Send somebody to the Quik Pak store
We need some icing and extension cords
A can of bean dip and some Diet right
A box of tampons and some more Burl Ives
Hallelujah, everybody say cheese
Merry Christmas from the family

***

Send somebody to the Stop 'N Go
We need some celery and a can of fake snow
A bag of lemons and some Diet Sprite
A box of tampons and some Salem Lights
Hallelujah, everybody say cheese
Merry Christmas from the family


"You know, if you stopped drinking beer, you could probably run further & faster"
"But if I stopped drinking beer, why would I bother to run at all?"

"All Runners are Liars" - Bart Yasso
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Send somebody to the Quik Pak store
We need some icing and extension cords
A can of bean dip and some Diet RITE
A box of tampons and some more Burl Ives
Hallelujah, everybody say cheese
Merry Christmas from the family

***

Send somebody to the Stop 'N Go
We need some celery and a can of fake snow
A bag of lemons and some Diet Sprite
A box of tampons and some Salem Lights
Hallelujah, everybody say cheese
Merry Christmas from the family

Fixed that for you

It's all about the post count!!!
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My workplace has a cafeteria, I'm always surprised at 8 am when I see people who will get bacon and eggs for breakfast, and then have a large piece of chocolate cake, too.

huh

Proud member of Fishtwitch and the ST Grammar Police
send a PM for blog accesshttp://www.tigerchik2.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
My workplace has a cafeteria, I'm always surprised at 8 am when I see people who will get bacon and eggs for breakfast, and then have a large piece of chocolate cake, too.

huh

I know right? Cake first, always.

--------------------------
Hammer Nutrition |
Rudy Project, ask me about 50% off
Altitude Multi Sport
Runners Roost Race Team
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Used to work in a convenience store aas well/ nothing more annoying than someone playing 100 dollars worht of numbers while customers are waiting in line to pay for gas etc.. It got to the point where we would drop the lottery player and make them wait rather than the customers

THANK YOU!!!




Hashtag, the 70's were really good to me
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
plant wrote:
Early morning newspaper purchases lead me to witnessing some horrific breakfast purchases. Today was a leading contender. Super Big Gulp, 2 tall Monsters, 2 biscuits, bag of Swedish Fish and a pack of smokes. Ugh!


Probably "needs" free healthcare.

FIFY
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
My workplace has a cafeteria, I'm always surprised at 8 am when I see people who will get bacon and eggs for breakfast, and then have a large piece of chocolate cake, too.

huh

I know right? Cake first, always.

Chocolate cake for breakfast is the best. No point in adding eggs and bacon.
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [plant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see someone do a "Super Size Me" type of experiment where they can only eat and drink items that are on or behind the counter at the gas station.
Slim Jim, 5 hour energy, snickers and a pack of camel lights a day. Chased down with some synthetic weed and a male enhancement supplement.
Think you'd die after about 10 days?
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [plant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa... hey hey hey.

I learned last week that we can no longer discuss people who are "not like us" on this forum. That kinda talk is off limits according to the LR's own PC police.

Better be careful...
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [plant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last time I saw this, they paid for it with government assistance funds, AKA- food stamps. I loved watching my tax dollars at work. (Except for the smokes- they laid down a 50 for that)






Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [timboricki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timboricki wrote:
I'd like to see someone do a "Super Size Me" type of experiment where they can only eat and drink items that are on or behind the counter at the gas station.
Slim Jim, 5 hour energy, snickers and a pack of camel lights a day. Chased down with some synthetic weed and a male enhancement supplement.
Think you'd die after about 10 days?

A few years ago there was a scientist of some stripe who did a twinkies diet. I think he ate a pack for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Measured the common markers of metabolic health before and after and guess what?

Most of them improved. Probably because he loss weight over the course of the diet.
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
Chocolate cake for breakfast is the best.

Say what you will about the creepy rapist, this was some funny shit



"You know, if you stopped drinking beer, you could probably run further & faster"
"But if I stopped drinking beer, why would I bother to run at all?"

"All Runners are Liars" - Bart Yasso
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My dad had "Bill Cosby - Himself" on vinyl when I was a kid. We used to laugh our asses off.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That clip might be from "Himself" in fact

"You know, if you stopped drinking beer, you could probably run further & faster"
"But if I stopped drinking beer, why would I bother to run at all?"

"All Runners are Liars" - Bart Yasso
Quote Reply

Prev Next