Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speed Concept Stem - Spacer size suggestion
Quote | Reply
For reference I'm 5'11" and proportional.

Looking at a second hand Second Gen. Speed Concept 7.5 (M)... and have a choice of a Low Far or Medium Far stems.

I also need to pick from 15, 25 and 35mm mono spacers.

Just trying to get in the right ballpark... especially with regard to the stem. I was thinking Low Far there.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Stem - Spacer size suggestion [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are your stack and reach numbers?

Without those, you will be guessing.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
For reference I'm 5'11" and proportional.

Looking at a second hand Second Gen. Speed Concept 7.5 (M)... and have a choice of a Low Far or Medium Far stems.

I also need to pick from 15, 25 and 35mm mono spacers.

Just trying to get in the right ballpark... especially with regard to the stem. I was thinking Low Far there.

You need to know your pad reach and stack numbers to make a better choice. Even then it's likely your pad stack and reach numbers will span multiple sizes.

I'm an inch and change taller than you, maybe slightly less proportional as I have long legs (34" inseam), gorilla arms, and a little bit shorter torso. In theory, I think my pad stack and reach coordinates (610/475) were possible with a M, L, and XL Trek SC. Heck, my #'s almost fell within the S range. Obviously the small wasn't even a consideration and the XL was too big a frame. The medium was also too small for me as I would've been bunch up. Large was perfect.

So you might be better off on a L than a M but who knows. Don't rush into the M just because.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Stem - Spacer size suggestion [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks... I have no idea what my reach and stack are. Was fit by my local shop and they shut down, can't even ask them. I figured they'd be around... they're not.

Crashed my bike and it was a first gen Speed Concept Medium which is where I'm getting the size from... now I'm really wondering about the whole enchilada. Did they slap me on a M because that's what they had?

Huge thanks for the feedback, I feel lost in the bike fit department honestly and in left field right now since my crash.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
Thanks... I have no idea what my reach and stack are. Was fit by my local shop and they shut down, can't even ask them. I figured they'd be around... they're not.

Crashed my bike and it was a first gen Speed Concept Medium which is where I'm getting the size from... now I'm really wondering about the whole enchilada. Did they slap me on a M because that's what they had?

Huge thanks for the feedback, I feel lost in the bike fit department honestly and in left field right now since my crash.

Odds are that you're going to fit well on both a M or L as there's so much crossover with stack and reach given the six stem variations... but one will fit better than the other. A good fitter will be able to counsel you on which of the two is the best option.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply