Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dura Ace 9100 C60 vs HED Jet 6 plus?
Quote | Reply
I can get either wheel set at the same price, which do you think is better and why?
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9100 C60 vs HED Jet 6 plus? [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you see the thread on the sizing debacle of the new 9100 C40/C60 alloy clinchers?

To cut a long story short, at release Shimano said "look at these great new rims, they're wider and deeper than the old C35/C50s" and posted some specs. Once they started shipping it became clear that they were exactly the same rims as the 9000 series C35/50s, just on a different hub and with different stickers.

Shimano quietly changed their spec sheets at the start of the year and lots of people are left none the wiser, especially given the completely misleading name.

There's a thread on here and a longer one on weight weenies if you have a search.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
I can get either wheel set at the same price, which do you think is better and why?

Without a doubt, jet 6 plus, mainly because of the rims. I own 9000 C50 and Hed Jet 4 plus. Jet 4 plus is 46mm compared to C60's 50mm. Hed jet 6 is 60mm. Rim shape is more modern, wider, more aero, handles crosswinds better. Hubs on Shimano pretty good. Service from Hed is excellent, service from Shimano is nonexistent. Tires go on really wide, though so 25mm contis measure >28mm on these wheels, and were a you know what to get on the rim. I run the DuraAce wheels with 23mm tires (which still measure about 25mm even on those wheels) on my Cervelo S5 (older model), because that's the widest wheel/tire combo I can get to fit without rubbing much. So, need to make sure it fits your frame too. Shimano wheels are narrower so will fit most bikes.
Last edited by: Silvercivic27: Apr 15, 17 4:42
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9100 C60 vs HED Jet 6 plus? [Silvercivic27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, the jet 6 plus is $989 for the Wheelset at competitive cyclist right now. It's even cheaper than the dura ace sale price with that promo. I love my shimano c24s, but I guess I'll give the jet 6 a try this time around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
Wow, the jet 6 plus is $989 for the Wheelset at competitive cyclist right now. It's even cheaper than the dura ace sale price with that promo. I love my shimano c24s, but I guess I'll give the jet 6 a try this time around.

They have had it as low as $799 I think.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9100 C60 vs HED Jet 6 plus? [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awenborn wrote:
Did you see the thread on the sizing debacle of the new 9100 C40/C60 alloy clinchers?

To cut a long story short, at release Shimano said "look at these great new rims, they're wider and deeper than the old C35/C50s" and posted some specs. Once they started shipping it became clear that they were exactly the same rims as the 9000 series C35/50s, just on a different hub and with different stickers.

Shimano quietly changed their spec sheets at the start of the year and lots of people are left none the wiser, especially given the completely misleading name.

There's a thread on here and a longer one on weight weenies if you have a search.

+1 on this. Really damaged Shimano's reputation IMO. I'm still shocked they pulled that BS and I'm even more shocked it's not more widely known.
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9100 C60 vs HED Jet 6 plus? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Despite the fact shimano lied about the rim size, I'll bet those wheels are still badass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
Despite the fact shimano lied about the rim size, I'll bet those wheels are still badass.

They're alright. They're nothing special. With the new rims specs, they'd be something nice, but still not all that special. The Hed wheels...are something special.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...but they're just the old rims. In fact, I think those rims are over 10 years old.
Quote Reply