Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Import TR workouts into Zwift?
Quote | Reply
Possible?

I don't like the choices Zwift offers...rather I should say I don't like the lack of choices, compared to TR. I'd love to be able to upload a TR workout into Zwift (without having to create my own workout in Zwift by just copying TRs intervals.
Quote Reply
Re: Import TR workouts into Zwift? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Import TR workouts into Zwift? [Mell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I don't think so. I don't think TR workouts are .TCX files
Quote Reply
Re: Import TR workouts into Zwift? [Mell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you using a computer or a phone/tablet? If using a pc I just use two ant sticks and connect to both programs simultaneously and it works quite well. Not sure of an easy solution for mobile users.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a note, keep this for your personal use, don't make any workouts you transfer from trainerroad to zwift public or share them. TrainerRoad's workouts are their intellectual property and sharing/copying without their consent would be against the law. They're pretty active on here, so they'll probably sniff out this thread and reply with something similar, but just thought I'd mention it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know how TR workouts are saved since I only use Zwift, but the Zwift files are very simple text files. On a PC your custom workouts are saved under My Documents/Zwift/Workouts with the file extension .ZWO and they can be opened with a text editor like Notepad, MS Wordpad or probably MS Word.

They're very easy to figure out. Power levels are given as a proportion of FTP (i.e. 0.95 = 95%FTP) and durations are given in seconds.
You may find it quicker and easier to edit workouts in text format than using the Zwift workout creator/editor.
If TR workouts are similarly structured it might be very quick and easy to manually re-create these for Zwift.
Quote Reply
Re: Import TR workouts into Zwift? [2lazy2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2lazy2tri wrote:
Are you using a computer or a phone/tablet? If using a pc I just use two ant sticks and connect to both programs simultaneously and it works quite well. Not sure of an easy solution for mobile users.

I'm usually on my iPhone as my 2010 iMac can't handle the Zwift graphics all that well
Quote Reply
Re: Import TR workouts into Zwift? [jarret_g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jarret_g wrote:
Just a note, keep this for your personal use, don't make any workouts you transfer from trainerroad to zwift public or share them. TrainerRoad's workouts are their intellectual property and sharing/copying without their consent would be against the law. They're pretty active on here, so they'll probably sniff out this thread and reply with something similar, but just thought I'd mention it.

Noted, thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Import TR workouts into Zwift? [jarret_g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can 2X20 be intellectual property?
Quote Reply
Re: Import TR workouts into Zwift? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:

Certainly not.

Though, we do have a claim against people sharing workouts that are more obviously the property of TrainerRoad. Like the entire workout library for instance, or any of our training plans. Which, unfortunately, people have attempted to do. :( But if you're a user of both, and plan to use the workouts for your own personal purposes, we can't stop you from doing that.

We try to make things as affordable as possible with our subscription being $12/mo or $99/yr, so if you're into using our workouts, we'd love to get faster with you! :)

It's a real bummer we have to do this, but if anyone sees someone sharing our workouts please reach out to us right away at support@trainerroad.com. Not only is it unethical, but we believe sharing our library is a copyright violation. We'd really appreciate you letting us know as we've put a lot of hard work and energy into getting these workouts right for you all.

Thank you everyone!

P.S. We appreciate you mentioning this as well 'jarret_g'!

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Import TR workouts into Zwift? [Nick Kanwetz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's fair
Quote Reply
Re: Import TR workouts into Zwift? [Nick Kanwetz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick Kanwetz wrote:
jaretj wrote:

Certainly not.

Though, we do have a claim against people sharing workouts that are more obviously the property of TrainerRoad. Like the entire workout library for instance, or any of our training plans. Which, unfortunately, people have attempted to do. :( But if you're a user of both, and plan to use the workouts for your own personal purposes, we can't stop you from doing that.

We try to make things as affordable as possible with our subscription being $12/mo or $99/yr, so if you're into using our workouts, we'd love to get faster with you! :)

It's a real bummer we have to do this, but if anyone sees someone sharing our workouts please reach out to us right away at support@trainerroad.com. Not only is it unethical, but we believe sharing our library is a copyright violation. We'd really appreciate you letting us know as we've put a lot of hard work and energy into getting these workouts right for you all.

Thank you everyone!

P.S. We appreciate you mentioning this as well 'jarret_g'!

Just so you know, I had no intention on sharing any of the TR workouts. For my own purposes, I just wish I could run them in Zwift. Your workouts are better, but for me, I am a little more engaged on Zwift. I love TR and definitely have better results from using TR than Zwift, where I usually end up just riding around without purpose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
Just so you know, I had no intention on sharing any of the TR workouts. For my own purposes, I just wish I could run them in Zwift. Your workouts are better, but for me, I am a little more engaged on Zwift. I love TR and definitely have better results from using TR than Zwift, where I usually end up just riding around without purpose.

Thank you for letting us know that. :) I just wanted to make sure to drop that in there in case users came into the thread explicitly to share workouts. Didn't mean to come off like I was grilling anyone specifically.

We're really stoked to hear you're seeing good results! Keep up the hard work and it'll continue to pay off!

Thanks again!

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can modify the .zwo files very easily using a text editor like Notepad. They way I have done my custom workouts is to break the intervals out using excel, them copying the relevant text over to the new .zwo file. I can send you the spreadsheet if you like.

It's very easy, and I find being able to break up a 10-minute interval into five, 2-minute intervals much more engaging when riding in Zwift (i.e. riding through more banners during the workout).

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Last edited by: Callin': Apr 17, 17 13:56
Quote Reply