Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ideas for very compact saddle bag with maximum forward positioned Adamo Attack?
Quote | Reply
I've been looking at the Scicon Elan 210 with a view to storing my spare tube and CO2 can and dongle for an upcoming race. However, my Adamo Attack is at the max forward position, so it seems unlikely it will fit (although I'd love to hear otherwise!)

Does anyone have any experience of very compact saddle bags they've used in this case, good or bad?

I'm aware I can just cable tie a bottle cage to the saddle rails, and this is what I've always successfully done before, but I'm just looking into simplifying my setup. I'm not interested in any 'wing' type setup either - looking to KISS and sleek!

Thanks!

-----
http://www.howesgreg.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for very compact saddle bag with maximum forward positioned Adamo Attack? [BungleJapan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you looked at the smallest Speedsleeve?

Run it without the cover in races for fast access, can carry a lot in a small compact form. Best thing is that it doesn't matter how much or little you pack in it will adjust accordingly so nothing bouncing or rattling around. I really like the velcro attachment system and works fin on my Specialized Power saddle which is pretty far forward on the rails.

The other option I would look at is the new Silica bag with the Boa straps. Looks very neat and tidy.
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for very compact saddle bag with maximum forward positioned Adamo Attack? [BungleJapan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it's a problem. Worse if you have a wide-section aero seatpost (I do). I'll be watching this thread, because my current jury-rigged saddle bag attachment isn't ideal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you stuff all of that stuff up under the seat? I'm not familiar with that saddle but it works great on my Cobb randee.
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for very compact saddle bag with maximum forward positioned Adamo Attack? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. I'll look into the bags mentioned, although I'm not sure if they'd fit onto the near-vertical rear saddle rails any better.

I have considered stuffing everything under the seat, but doesn't it run the risk of damaging the spare tube? That and the chance of things falling out or being difficult to get out and repack when needed just seems a little too risky.

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a coffee bean bag. They are made of a durable material and you can fit a tube, CO2 infiltrator, extra canister, a mini tool (if you choose) and a tire lever in quite easily. I then use a BarFly Hopper (https://www.barflybike.com/...e-hopper-saddle-bag/) to attach under my saddle.

Jon Ryder
RPM Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have to figure out what to stuff where and what sequence is required to get everything in there to where it is secure. I don't see how you'd damage a butyl tube doing this. I'd at least try it before spending money on a saddle bag, especially since the saddle bag will be less aero.
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for very compact saddle bag with maximum forward positioned Adamo Attack? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm certainly happy to try that!
Do you have any pics of how you've managed to stuff it all in there?

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't use a saddle bag, but rather use a strap from backcountryresearch.com. It makes for a pretty cool retro look and they do sell protective sleeves for your tube if you want a little extra protection. Just a thought if you think a minimalist approach may be easier to deal with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BungleJapan wrote:
I've been looking at the Scicon Elan 210 with a view to storing my spare tube and CO2 can and dongle for an upcoming race. However, my Adamo Attack is at the max forward position, so it seems unlikely it will fit (although I'd love to hear otherwise!)

Does anyone have any experience of very compact saddle bags they've used in this case, good or bad?

I'm aware I can just cable tie a bottle cage to the saddle rails, and this is what I've always successfully done before, but I'm just looking into simplifying my setup. I'm not interested in any 'wing' type setup either - looking to KISS and sleek!

Thanks!

I was looking for a very compact bags years ago and went with Rappstars recommendation of the Scicon Elan 210 bag. It is about the smallest bag out there and fits only a tube, c02, chuck, and multitool. You might be able to fit it under the ISM seat completely tucked away, although I haven't tried so YMMV.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went minimal with my on the road tools this winter.

I've got the following there:
Continental supersonic innertube
Topeak Ratchet Rocket Lite DX Multi (with only inbus 3, 4, 5 and t25 that are needed for normal use)
2 tire levers (come with the topeak tool)

Wrapped the tube in kitchenwrap, and got an elastic band to keep it all together.
Total size is the size of a creditcard,and weighs only 120grams. You would only need to add the CO2 to it.

Last edited by: SkippiTT: Apr 13, 17 8:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Silca saddle bag with the Boa cable attachment made by Yanco may work for your install. Though they are pricey and currently sold out.
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for very compact saddle bag with maximum forward positioned Adamo Attack? [SkippiTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seeing SkippiTT's post has me wondering if I could just wrap everything together like that and either:

a) velcro strap it myself to the rear of the saddle
b) velcro strap it to my stem, between the aerobar pads and behind the BTA bottle.

In the case of (b), as it's behind the BTA bottle, there should be minimal or very low aero penalty, right?

Cheers

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello BungleJapan,

Ohayou Gozaimasu

This is a pretty sleek way to stash your underseat stuff ..... View-Speed 'Stash'.

http://www.shop.view-speed.com/...age-610098715993.htm

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran the Scicon Elan 210 for a few years on my saddle in a far-forward position without problems. I mounted the strap on the angled bars of the saddle. The bag was thus mounted at an angle and stuck out a little past the rear of the saddle, but it was not at all a problem. It even looks a little more streamlined in my opinion.

After the velcro died I switched to the Lezyne Road Caddy, which is slightly larger, higher quality and attaches more securely. I'd recommend looking into that one as well. It is similarly mounted on the angled rails to fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried rolling up a tube, CO2/inflator, and tire tool, and just stuffing it under there? It's what I do on my P3 with an Adamo.
Quote Reply