Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seeing this topic and the release or changing of bike brands for the UCI track worlds this year, made me wonder.........for endurance track events why does it seem the brands used differ a decent amount from what you see for time trial?

Is it the simple fact that fewer and different options exist for endurance track for the fixed gear no brakes setup?

Are there opposite cases too where a successful track bike brand has a bike really rare in time trial?

Or ones that do have both but appear to me to have clear "use case" differences in how many people use them? Like Felt. I feel Felt has a bigger presence in track (per capita) than in pro road race and time trial. Why?
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: New vs. Old; Rim vs. Disc; Direct to Consumer vs. Retailer; Beam vs. Double Diamond (*an update*) [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Seeing this topic and the release or changing of bike brands for the UCI track worlds this year, made me wonder.........for endurance track events why does it seem the brands used differ a decent amount from what you see for time trial?

Is it the simple fact that fewer and different options exist for endurance track for the fixed gear no brakes setup?

Are there opposite cases too where a successful track bike brand has a bike really rare in time trial?

Or ones that do have both but appear to me to have clear "use case" differences in how many people use them? Like Felt. I feel Felt has a bigger presence in track (per capita) than in pro road race and time trial. Why?

Because being the "best" on the track is 1/20th the cost of being the "best" on the road.

How much do you think Felt paid Jen Valente (Tokyo Gold) and how much do you think Ineos pays Ganna?

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply

Prev Next