Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2017 Newtons- when?
Quote | Reply
Anyone with an inside scoop here?
I've been waiting but mileage on shoes won't allow much longer.
I've asked directly but ................. crickets.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Newtons- when? [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a bad feeling about Newton. Road Runner had their 2017 shoes up on their site for a while as a preview (not sure if you could pre-order), but they're gone now. And I saw in a FB group that they just (a) laid off a bunch of marketing people and (b) closed their brick & mortar store in Boulder. You might want to stock up on old models that you like. . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently spoke with the owner of a Fleet Feet store who told me he got a letter from Newton saying they might be going bust
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh dear lord!
I've heard the grumblings but have tried to not listen.
I was hoping this correspondence I had with them (Newton) back in February is / was accurate:
"I can say that we are not going out of business any time soon. The new POP1 models will be available towards the end of this month, with new releases following suit throughout the year, and we already have 2018 product designed and being tested. Just like any other business, their retailers and sponsored athletes may change over time, but this does not indicate any negative business climate. If there are any updates to the business structure, our Marketing and PR teams will make that information publicly available as soon as things are concrete."
Either way, I've got a few more weeks in my current ones and may start a new search if they're on the outs ................
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been wondering the same thing. I've seen the Gravity VIs for sale and reviewed (in Competitor mag, I think) but they are not on Newton's website. Strange
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lava magazine just showed a picture of the gravity VI....... hmmmmm

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The current situation at newton is that there about 100.000 shoes (2017 models) waiting at the factory, but newton is in such difficult financial trouble that they cannot buy them from the factory and have the shipped over. I know the largest EU distributor tried to buy his pre-orders from the factory but didn't succeed.

The EU salesstaff are all gone, there is virtually no staff left in the US and there is a rumour going on here that they are behind with rent at the warehouse where they keep their EU stock and due to this there are no shoes being shipped any longer from the warehouse until bills are paid.

To be honest i had hoped for them they would have been bought and they deserved a better 10th anniversary, but that said they ruined their own market with just having too much models with the aha, o yeah, boco, energy and allmof those semi-newton's. I believe this was Fireman's influence, but newton is not reebok.

They were filling a niche and they should be focussing on that niche instead of thinking that they could make models for a large audience. I'm really sorry for them, but from what i hear here in the EU they are done and it is just a matter of days until bankrupty is going to be announced. Too bad because the new 2017 were actually really nice with a layer off that saucony/adidas tpu foam as a top layer at the sole. They felt pretty good, but i wonder if they ever hit the market. Maybe they will through another channel when newton is out of business and the factory wants to get rid of them.

I do hope that they somehow survive in a slimmed down company with just 3 models like gravity, fate and distance

Jeroen
Tri-Run.com

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply