Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMTX - what are my chances... [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jnags7 wrote:
Good to hear! I did get an email back from IM and they asked a couple more questions so not confirmed but gave me a good feeling that we'll be able to work something out.

As far as the other comments about scheduled vacation time and such... yes and no in my job. I mean yes its been on the schedule but no because part of what I knew I was signing up for when I took the job was that situations like this could occur (just sucks that it is).

What I'm lobbying for right now is that I do the smoozing stuff Wednesday night and do 1/2 the meetings on Thursday but then catch the direct flight to Houston which would also allow me to not even need an exception from IM. I also like it because its direct. But then how bad does it look if I leave early - my argument is not as bad as if I wasn't there at all.

Also one of the C-level guys coming down has a Fenix3 and we talked about it for a while last time I saw him. So I'm hoping that they'll (customer and corporate people) get it. Appreciate that I changed my schedule to accommodate them and give me a little slack to cut out a little early.

Either way - I'm intrigued by the number of responses. I posted what I thought would be a much more interesting topic about shoes yesterday and crickets. Appreciate everyone chiming in.

I could have made this a KQ thread but then there wouldn't be any need for a response - it ain't happenin'. Maybe... Maybe... long shot if I hadn't broken my hip in January but now its just going to enjoy the race and time with family.

Why the either or? Do both. Slay the meeting, hit it out of the park. Take the late flight. Schmooze, cajole, beg, plead your way into athlete check-in. C'mon, this is America! Anything should be possible. If you're persistent enough... you will find a yes. And above all, don't stress any of it. Don't worry about IM while you're at the meeting. It will show. Trust me, none of your bosses or clients give a crap or are impressed if you race tris or IM... so focus at the matter at hand...kick ass in the meeting...and then (and only then) leave it all behind and kick ass at the race.

Don't overthink it. Just take care of business. Your business business...and your IM business.
Quote Reply

Prev Next