Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Xterra Lava Swim Booties thoughts
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any experience with these? Sizing correct and keep the feet warm? Thanks.

S

Banger
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Lava Swim Booties thoughts [banger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I own a pair and I use them for my OWS. Mine fit great and I ordered them in the same size as my runners. Great for avoiding the gross mucky edge of the water and if you put them on before the wetsuit they stay in place with the ankle cuff of the suit acting as a "rubber band" to keep them in place.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Lava Swim Booties thoughts [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey question. Are these legal for IM racing? My feet get wicked reynauds and I have a race coming up that they would really help
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Lava Swim Booties thoughts [tankinisusanne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll have to hope somebody else has an answer for you. I'm a short course racer so I have no idea what the IM branded rules state. I'd see if the RD for your race has contact details or perhaps somebody else on here will see this and reply. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Lava Swim Booties thoughts [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats ok thanks though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Usually no. Has to be really cold.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Lava Swim Booties thoughts [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if i remember water has to be under 60*. honestly they should be allowed for higher temps, as they cause major drag, and are so difficult to take off in t1. but they do keep you warm for for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tankinisusanne wrote:
Hey question. Are these legal for IM racing? My feet get wicked reynauds and I have a race coming up that they would really help

Worse in your feet than your hands? Interesting, my reynauds is WAY worse in my hands. My feet get cold, but it's just normal cold.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Lava Swim Booties thoughts [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The soles of my feet. Its awful. I heat up my shoes even before an indoor ride because cold carbon fiber soles make my feet numb then ache. A heaterand hot shoes are the only solution ive found. Thank god for hokas otherwise id be outta luck running.
Quote Reply