Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

air pressure in a 28mm
Quote | Reply
What should I be inflating road bike tires that are 700 x 28, want to be as fast as they can but also comfortable.

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: air pressure in a 28mm [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much do you weigh?
Quote Reply
Re: air pressure in a 28mm [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh that would help 195

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I would say a good start point is 95psi
[/img]
Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Mar 22, 17 9:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
What should I be inflating road bike tires that are 700 x 28, want to be as fast as they can but also comfortable.

I disagree entirely with the Michelin image and recommendation above. I'm 190-195 most of the year and have used everything from ~50-70psi depending on the tires, their construction and actual measured width, and the rim (19-22mm inner diameters in my examples). Tubeless Schwalbe Ones measuring 30/31mm = 50-60psi depending on the conditions. Typically 60 rear and 10% less up front. I can do 50 rear without any tire squirm if there will be some mixed surfaces. Tubed Specialized Turbo Pros measuring around 30mm felt better around 65 or 70 rear and 10% less up front.

95 psi on such a large tire will be a crap ride and could introduce stress to the rim that it was not designed for. Velonews recently had an article that explained why tire pressures need to be adjust as rims and tires widen. http://www.velonews.com/...-heat-buildup_433214

I highly recommend the Silca articles about how tire pressure is such a large part of speed and comfort and how you always want to error on the low side because rolling resistance increases dramatically when a tire is over-inflated. https://silca.cc/blogs/journal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HED has a video on youtube where their guy says for a 28mm on a HED jet + rim, no more than 60 psi.
Quote Reply