Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo seatpost adjustment question - 05 Soloist
Quote | Reply
I'm having issues getting the saddle nose down to level on my 2005 Soloist (carbon post.) The front of the clamp won't snug down all the way and I just can't deal with the up-turned nose that so many people seem to ride with. The saddle is a Selle Italia SLR, and I think there will also be issues with my SLR t1 and and Arione that I tried. Anyone solve this issue?

I remember seeing a thread a while back but good luck searching the forum for a post with the word "cervelo" in it... thousands of results.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo seatpost adjustment question - 05 Soloist [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Others might know more about this but on mine I had to cut down the front scew a milimeter or two to give it more clearance. That seemed to allow me to lower the tip of the saddle. I have an Arione just as an FYI.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo seatpost adjustment question - 05 Soloist [wowkster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK I'll have to try that... thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo seatpost adjustment question - 05 Soloist [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gerard....what say you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did it work out for you? I got my Soloist today and can't get my Arione where I want it. You cut down the front screw with the head in the rearward (road) position, correct?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo seatpost adjustment question - 05 Soloist [RGRTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. In the forward position it worked fine. But the road position is when I had the same problems. Cervelo was coming out with a new screw to fix the issue but I have not checked with them in a while. Best of luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i dont have a soloist, but a p2 with the 'flippable' post (i use the rear position), and used an Selle Italia SLR, and i had to do the same thing as wokster.

not an easy thing to do without a grinder. i used a hacksaw and clamped the screw between blocks of wood to protect it.

looks like a design oversight of cervelo seat post heads.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
see my post above. the carbon post on the soloist and p2 is the same and the seat tube geometry is similar, so the problem shows up on both bikes.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't get the Arione or SLR tri to work in the rear position, but I got the regular SLR to work fine. I cut down the screw and ordered a spare one plus a spare head to use for my tri saddle from all3sports.com (much cheaper shipping than cervelo.com to US customers.)

The shorter screw worked great on the SLR and I was finally able to snug it all the way down in front to get the saddle level. Not as simple as a THomson post or anything, but with the spare seat-post head for my tri saddle, I don't anticipate having to touch those bolts for a while.
Quote Reply