Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which Frame?
Quote | Reply
Looking at the following:

S-Works Shiv
Giant Trinity Advance 0
Felt IA

Love to hear opinions of any experiences. FWIW, they all fit. I'm just looking for any good or bad experiences, especially with the Giant as it may be the front runner right now.

Thanks.

Human Person
Last edited by: trismitty: Mar 19, 17 6:30
Quote Reply
Re: Which Frame? [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, between those three, it seems like the IA would be fastest, the Shiv second, and the Giant last. However, when you factor the integrated storage, it might give the Giant some speed back. But, these are guesses, since I have not seen side-by-side comparisons of the Giant and either of the other two. The IA beats the Shiv side-by-side.

The differences are not likely to be that huge. So, looks plays a major factor in the final decision.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Frame? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx. The IA is the variable. With the bottles and storage, the Giant actually outperformed the Shiv in tunnel tests as well as the P5-6. Felt wasn't a part of that evaluation. Used to have a DA and loved it, but my experience with Felt service wasn't awesome (and this is echoed by my LBS) which sells all 3.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One thing to be sure to consider on the aero data is that performance >5° yaw angle only matters to a very tiny portion of the world. Most of us are likely to live and race below 5° most of the time. The one Trinity Advance chart I found had it losing pretty handily to the P5 and Speed Concept below 5°. I am surprised in this chart that teh Shiv performed so poorly. Though, I could not see if this included all of the equivalent hydration and storage on all the bikes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having just worked on a Trinity for a client... Don't do it
So little adjustment and such a pain to change the extensions (which is always necessary).
If you know your position precisely and feel confident that the 30mm of stack adjustment range isn't going to be a problem then it could be an option.

Shiv also quite limited for fit adjustment and a long way behind on aero

IA by far the best for adjustment and will be competitive with Giant for Aero
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched from a shiv to an IA and I'm super happy with it. My experience is that it handles crosswinds better than the shiv. Felt's wind tunnel test data is well documented and compelling - you're definitely not at a disadvantage to any other bike. For an ironman setup, I've got a BTA, a behind the seat and my flat kit in the top tube box. Super clean. I travel with it in a ruster armored hen house which avoids airline fees. Contrary to popular belief, it is not hard to disassemble if you take the time to learn it. The bar it comes with is very fast and very adjustable. And other than the FRD, pricing is very good. Great sales on the IA2 and IA3 right now.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply