Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Netflix Movie: 100 Metros / 100 Meters
Quote | Reply
UPFRONT: Even though it is a movie post, it is a triathlon movie so I am posting in this forum to avoid getting yelled at in the LR for bringing up triathlon stuff.

I just watched the movie 100 Metros (100 Meters) on Netflix. It has the title listed 2 different ways, which is why I posted as such. Anyway, it is a movie based upon a true story about someone training for an Ironman/ Iron-distance triathlon. I always go into these types of movies ready to turn it off. And to top it off it is 1hr48 minutes in Spanish (so if you don't speak Spanish, like me, you will spend quite a bit of time reading). I watched the whole damn thing. There are obviously some Hollywood moments but I don't think the triathlon aspect of it got too hokey. All in all, I think it is well worth the watch.

Anyone else watch it yet? Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix Movie: 100 Metros / 100 Meters [grindmonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice to watch on the Kickr for 2 hours. Ok movie, not specifically tri.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i saw it and enjoyed it -- but think they left rather a lot out regarding the actual training. It must have been sheer hell for this guy and that would have been entertaining, at least for triathletes.
Last edited by: kiki: Mar 18, 17 7:05
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix Movie: 100 Metros / 100 Meters [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moderately tangential -- "Rising from the Ashes", documentary on the founding of Rwandan national cycling team, as coached by Jonathan Boyer. Netflix, highly recommend.

Great story and if you know a thing about Boyer, it's a story of redemption, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just watched it. I thought it did a decent job in steering clear of getting too hokey, and the father-in-law was good comic relief. Wasn't even aware it was a true story until the end when they flashed up actual finish-line footage.

I have a friend with MS that I've ridden with in our local MS150 a bunch of times.. stuff like this always seems to resonate with me because of that.
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix Movie: 100 Metros / 100 Meters [spookini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spookini wrote:
Moderately tangential -- "Rising from the Ashes", documentary on the founding of Rwandan national cycling team, as coached by Jonathan Boyer. Netflix, highly recommend.

Great story and if you know a thing about Boyer, it's a story of redemption, too.

This! ^^^^^ Great film, really enjoyed it.

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, just out of sheer curiosity, what does the "100 meters" have to with it??? I figured this was about a 100 meter swim or track race. I can't make the mental leap to what 100 m has to do with an iron distance race...???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix Movie: 100 Metros / 100 Meters [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
So, just out of sheer curiosity, what does the "100 meters" have to with it??? I figured this was about a 100 meter swim or track race. I can't make the mental leap to what 100 m has to do with an iron distance race...???[/quotye]

If I remember correctly, it was the distance the guy had to complete in order for the "cycling legend" coach to agree to train him for the full distance. Loved that movie.
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix Movie: 100 Metros / 100 Meters [Yeti racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeti racer wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
So, just out of sheer curiosity, what does the "100 meters" have to with it??? I figured this was about a 100 meter swim or track race. I can't make the mental leap to what 100 m has to do with an iron distance race...???[/quotye]

If I remember correctly, it was the distance the guy had to complete in order for the "cycling legend" coach to agree to train him for the full distance. Loved that movie.

And so...is that 100 m of swim, bike, or run??? Surely not the bike or run...???

Quote Reply
Re: Netflix Movie: 100 Metros / 100 Meters [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a pivotal moment in the film. He's diagnosed with MS and when he find his determination to beat his depression his initial goal is to walk (unaided) between two lampposts, which are 100 meters apart.

It's a nice film; you can't beat a story about being diagnosed with a life-changing illness and cracking on anyway. Someone was chopping onions nearby though at the end
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix Movie: 100 Metros / 100 Meters [WoodyES] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After the baby dies and his wife leaves him, it got too depressing. When the high school special Ed. teacher gets his organs, though, totally redeeming.
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix Movie: 100 Metros / 100 Meters [WoodyES] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WoodyES wrote:
It's a pivotal moment in the film. He's diagnosed with MS and when he find his determination to beat his depression his initial goal is to walk (unaided) between two lampposts, which are 100 meters apart.
It's a nice film; you can't beat a story about being diagnosed with a life-changing illness and cracking on anyway. Someone was chopping onions nearby though at the end

OK, thanks for the explanation!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Netflix Movie: 100 Metros / 100 Meters [spookini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can’t find this on Netflix....when did you watch it?
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix Movie: 100 Metros / 100 Meters [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Can’t find this on Netflix....when did you watch it?

Check out "100 Meters" on Netflix
http://www.netflix.com/...41173?source=android
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting. I enjoyed the film today, and found the subtitles made it perfect content for the trainer.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix Movie: 100 Metros / 100 Meters [Yeti racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I saw 100 meters....I was looking for Rising from the Ashes
Quote Reply