Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ITU Style Suits: Kiwami... Any Other Brands?
Quote | Reply
I've been very happy with my Kiwami suits over the years but a few other suits have caught my eye. The Orca RS1 "Killa" suit seems interesting since it features "stichless" construction which is appealing because whatever chaffing I get usually comes from the seams. I'm also looking at the Nimblewear "Aquatech" and "Diamond" suits. Anything else out there?
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Style Suits: Kiwami... Any Other Brands? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By ITU style do you mean the zip being on the back rather than the front, or some other design feature?

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Style Suits: Kiwami... Any Other Brands? [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
By ITU style do you mean the zip being on the back rather than the front, or some other design feature?

Yeah zip on the back, no pockets (or shielded pockets), and some sort of hydrodynamic fabric.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
De Soto
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TYR

https://www.tyr.com/...risuit-tmznjb6a.html

I like Kiwami better though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another option usually not considered by triathletes in the US is Zerod. Many (a majority of) ITU stars having been wearing this brand over the last decade.

http://www.z3r0d.com/...mpic-8-21-0-0-0.html

They also do some great other products, such as long distance sleeved suits (called TT), wetsuits, etc...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my thing is seams being situated where the saddle hits me: it's nearly impossible to see the seam structure on these suits from the online photos. It's always pitch black and they don't zoom in on the pad area. The exception is DeSoto and Emilio has a good thread regarding that topic going already.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Style Suits: Kiwami... Any Other Brands? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I'm similar. It's basically trial and error for me to find a suit. I've tried DeSoto but the 7mm pad was just waaayyyy too thick for me. I prefer a minimal pad.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Style Suits: Kiwami... Any Other Brands? [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diabolo wrote:
Another option usually not considered by triathletes in the US is Zerod. Many (a majority of) ITU stars having been wearing this brand over the last decade.

http://www.z3r0d.com/...mpic-8-21-0-0-0.html

They also do some great other products, such as long distance sleeved suits (called TT), wetsuits, etc...

Cool I'll check those out. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I personally prefer fusion world cup suit for short course or olympic, although the new SLi looks good

https://fusionmultisport.com.au/collections/mens

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having the opportunitiy to test quite a few different brands, the Zerod and Kiwani have been the best. They fit slightly different. The 008 model dries the fastest. The top of line Zerod and spider were then 1-2 and were 100grams lighter than the others players after a 20 min submersion test. Take note that the padding is minimal to none. Loved the compression in the core with the spider.

I'd order both and send one back. You will know right away. Also, I have a soft spot for Kiwami because Andree (Kiwami) is active and helpfu on the Forums.
Last edited by: Tony5: Mar 15, 17 3:13
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Style Suits: Kiwami... Any Other Brands? [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If they made an all black suit I would have bought one. I just don't like the white on the back of any suit, it looks nasty after it's been used a few times.
Quote Reply