Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

STAC Zero and Polar V800
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I got my STAC Zero a couple of weeks ago. The pairing with my Polar V800 went smooth, no problem. But I can't get any reading from it. I changed the view to include power, but it is always empty. I used the STAC Android app and it shows a the power readings okay.
I already unpaired the watch and the trainer and re-paired them, but I still can't get any reading.

Has anyone this setup working?

Regards,
Jan
Quote Reply
Re: STAC Zero and Polar V800 [lanroamer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jan

That's a tough one.

First guess: Maybe move the watch closer to the trainer. This is a lame short-term fix, but maybe the signal isn't making it to your wrist strongly, and so it's not getting the PM signals. It might be that your phone is picking up the trainer more strongly than the watch is, which is why you get the signals on your phone. We actually had a ride last night where I was a bit far (8-9ft) from our ANT+ stick and I had to kick it closer mid-ride.

If the V800 can do either protocol (ANT+ or BLE) and lets you select protocols, maybe try the opposite one? Pair the unit as a BLE PM instead of a ANT+ PM, perhaps.

Trying a different watch/headunit could be a good thing if you've got a friend with one, which would help narrow down whether its us or the watch.

Another option: Try Strava on a smartphone or tablet, which will almost certainly connect via BLE and be capable of recording.

STAC Zero Trainer - Zero noise, zero tire contact, zero moving parts. Suffer in Silence starting fall 2016
Last edited by: AHare: Mar 10, 17 8:31
Quote Reply
Re: STAC Zero and Polar V800 [AHare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

thanks for the advice. I had the watch lying directly next to the trainer (withing 20 cm), but sadly it didn't work.

Ciao Jan
Quote Reply