Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bikes
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know anything about Planet X bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: Bikes [Tbam327] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I came to within a micro meter of buying one but in the end went to an LBS. From what I understand they're pretty good and have a wonderful rep in the UK. IMO a good way to save money if you are not looking at a carbon bike you're not racing, or if you have a buddy that will fit it for you. Once you factor in the fit you lose the savings you would normally get. So if you need a fit, probably not worth it. If you don't need a fit, wicked good deal.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Planet X Stealth Frame on hand, I haven't finished building it up yet.

It's a nice looking frame. I bought it because the front end geometry is very much like a road bike and it's difficult to find a Carbon 650C road bike frame.

I was impressed with the shipping time from the UK to the US. I think I ordered it on a Sunday and it was delivered on Wednesday.
Quote Reply
Re: Bikes [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have a US distributor. I knew a guy who was sponsored by them. Also, to answer the OP, he was very happy with his bike, and the new Exocet 3 looks pretty awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Bikes [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I knew that but the US guys never carried the 650 stuff I needed.

Just sharing my experiences with the company :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought one several years ago when I was trying to build a very light bike. There was a warranty issue. They handled it promptly. Full marks for customer service. The bike itself was very comfortable, but a bit noodley when ridden hard. I'm actually faster (even up hills) on a bike that weighs 2 kilos more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know a load of people with Planet X bikes, have never heard of any complaints from any of them. Definitely worth a look if you're looking for a decent bike for cheap

Disclaimer: Not a triathlete anymore, just a fish
Quote Reply