Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newbie question
Quote | Reply
I was wondering if I were to build a mixed mechanical bike. SRAM rear derailleur SRAM front derailleur and Shimano crank with R2C shifters. What cassette and chain would I run with the setup. And does anyone see any issues with this setup that I am unaware of. I apologize if this is a very Elementary question. Please go gentle on me.
Quote Reply
Re: Newbie question [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is definitely not a newbie question... this is senior-level bike mechanics stuff. It will take someone who has a similar configuration or who knows SRAM very well. If I were you, I would run a SRAM cassette and SRAM chain. That should pretty much eliminate risk of shifting issues. The reason I recommend the SRAM cassette is simply because it is unknown territory. The reason I recommend a SRAM chain is that I have a Shimano HG901, and I am not impressed so far. My next chain will be a SRAM, most likely.

FTR, I have your mirror opposite configuration: SRAM Red 22 crankset with Shimano cassette, chain, FD, RD, and shifters. But, that is a lot more simple than your mixed SRAM setup with RTC shifters.
Quote Reply
Re: Newbie question [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Sram rtc shifters, red derailleurs, kmc gold chain, sram cranks with 56x44 shimano rings and ultegra cassette. Works fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Newbie question [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ridenfish39 wrote:
I have Sram rtc shifters, red derailleurs, kmc gold chain, sram cranks with 56x44 shimano rings and ultegra cassette. Works fine.

Pic's anywhere?
Quote Reply