Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finding a lost Garmin
Quote | Reply
My daughter had her Garmin 910 stolen. Just wondered if this would be traceable by the serial number if the thief connected it to a GarminConnect or Strava account. Any ideas?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TriRaceBook.com
Hawaii Qualification Analysis
Quote Reply
Re: Finding a lost Garmin [Gandalf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to my knowledge. Why don't you call garmin support and ask them as they are usually pretty helpful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As of a couple of years ago, no. If they factory reset it, you're out of luck. I've had a watch stolen, and I've heard many stories of cycling computers being stolen out of transition. (I pull my edge off and tuck it into my cycling shoe now... however, the watch that was stolen was actually tucked inside my running shoes in transition and the shoes and all were stolen during my swim!!!)

My only hope was the theif would record an activity on accident before resetting it, and it'd pop up on my garmin connect.... alas, no such luck.

Good luck though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Recovered a Garmin 500 this way: asked Garmin if mi 500 (SN required) had been associated to a different account. Answer was yes, but due to Spanish data protection laws couldn't give me user data. Went to the police, they contacted the guy and got it back.

Might work differently in other countries.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Finding a lost Garmin [argmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for confirming. I'll check with Garmin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TriRaceBook.com
Hawaii Qualification Analysis
Quote Reply