Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone using poweragent on a Mac?
Quote | Reply
Now that training peaks doesn't support uploads from device agent any more, I'm left looking for an alternative for getting the rides of the Joule GPS on my indoor bike (Cycleops 300Pro). Looks like the best option is PowerAgent. Site says compatible with latest versions of Mac OS, but that's definitely won't true, won't install on my machine even a little bit.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions? There was a thread here from 2013 with a similar problem and a link to a beta version of PowerAgent, but I'm not really going to download a three year old beta onto my machine.

Thanks,
-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using poweragent on a Mac? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always ran Power Agent on my MacPro tower to offload my Joule data. I'm not sure which version it was, but I'm pretty sure it's not the beta you were talking about. It's wonky software so I stopped using it, but I never had any issues. And their customer support seemed to always be responsive. I think people always preferred Golden Cheetah to Power Agent as I recall, but I never tried it.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using poweragent on a Mac? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Joule GPS+ and have been using the PowerTap Mobile app with no issue until it stopped working this past Sunday. I have a Mac and have used the PowerAgent software with no issue in the past to set up the Joule, but when I tried to use it after the mobile app failure I got the same error you describe. I am running the latest OS Sierra on my Mac. Frustrating that the PowerAgent software appears to be outdated and incompatible with the latest Mac OS.

I contacted PowerTap and got a response that they are having issues with their server and the mobile app and are trying to fix it. I've used the Mobile app with bluetooth uploads for my Joule for over a year with not a single issue until now.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using poweragent on a Mac? [Walter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a mac book pro and have always used the power agent to upload my data from the Joule Gps. Super simple and easy takes no more then 3 mins each time. Just did again last night after the evening ride no problem. Every once and a while I get an error message but that usually goes away if you have the latest java installed. If you have questions just call powertap direct and they will get you all set up while on the phone with them. By far the best customer service in the industry. And yes my mac software is up to date.
Quote Reply