Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best Cycling in the Dallas / Fort Worth Area (?) [anibalplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't really know where group rides meet up, as I ride alone and live out east of Allen/McKinney (on Lake Lavon)---So, I don't have to drive to the roads. I see lots of cyclists out in my area that come from Richarson/Plano/Allen (according to Strava Flybys). I spent most of my time riding on the roads north-east of McKinney. Its easy to get 40-100 miles between McKinney/Melissa/Anna/Blue Ridge/Farmersville. You can go farther north and/or east as desired.

For solo rides in the area, I'm sure you could park at the Princeton Walmart on US380 and ride out from there. Jump to the north of 380 and start turning randomly.

New Hope Rd
FM 2933

will get you into the area I'm talking about. From there you can explore.

Stay clear of 121, and FM545. Most of the county roads are pretty good. The area around CR338 is a pretty nice detour from FM2933.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Cycling in the Dallas / Fort Worth Area (?) [anibalplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're looking for road bike group rides, Richardson Bike Mart or Plano Bicycle Association are probably the closest rides. The further north you go the less time it will take you to get outside of the endless suburban sprawl. Up in Frisco there is Shawnee Trails (http://stcycling.com/) which has well organized large rides with multiple pace groups every day of the week except Friday.

More tri bike friendly, I have been riding with the Frisco Tri Club on the weekends for a while now. Lots of different organized activities like track workouts or yesterday we did a whole lake swim, bike, run deal. I live west of you, in Carrollton, so I don't make their mid-week workouts.
https://www.facebook.com/...friscotriathlonclub/
Last edited by: Z28Diddy: Jun 5, 17 7:20
Quote Reply
Re: Best Cycling in the Dallas / Fort Worth Area (?) [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri bike friendly is what I am looking for. I just joined the Frisco group on FB, and I will be checking the calendar to ride over the weekend. Do they ride saturday and sunday? where do they meet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome, welcome!

There will be some posts closer to the weekend with what the plan is, maybe around Thursday. If I see events created or something I'll make sure to add you to them. Usually it is rides from Heritage HS in Frisco (the corner of Eldorado and Independence) on Saturdays and then a long run Sunday mornings.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Cycling in the Dallas / Fort Worth Area (?) [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tom. Maybe we can get together sometime and ride
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure thing. I typically do my long ride on Saturdays (sometimes morning, sometimes in the afternoon). Typically around ~17-18mph. PM me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next