Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

do pedals make any differecne
Quote | Reply
Hi ST peeps,

I have just bought a new racing TT bike and wondering if it is beneficial to purchase new pedals .

I am currently using KEO Look and they do the job well.

what are you thoughts and why

thanks

BW
Quote Reply
Re: do pedals make any differecne [kangafitness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In terms of power transfer? Rotating weight? Nah. The only reason to purchase new pedals would be if you wanted to chase aero gains (pretty high up the aero tree on a $/watt basis) or if you wanted something with specifically restricted or no float (speedplay).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As long as you aren't having any problems, then just stick with what you've got.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks guys
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kangafitness wrote:
Hi ST peeps,

I have just bought a new racing TT bike and wondering if it is beneficial to purchase new pedals .

I am currently using KEO Look and they do the job well.

what are you thoughts and why

thanks

BW

I changed from look to shimano spd sl to be able to run with them in the transition zone.
Quote Reply
Re: do pedals make any differecne [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can run in a SPD SL shoe?

I go arse over tit everytime
Quote Reply
Re: do pedals make any differecne [iwaters] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shimano's SPD-SL and Time's Xpresso have a much wider cleat base and, in my experience, less slippery rubber at the corners. I wouldn't run a marathon in them, but it's not as sketchy to walk in as a Look cleat (nevermind the metal Speedplays).

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: do pedals make any differecne [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
Shimano's SPD-SL and Time's Xpresso have a much wider cleat base and, in my experience, less slippery rubber at the corners. I wouldn't run a marathon in them, but it's not as sketchy to walk in as a Look cleat (nevermind the metal Speedplays).

That's why Look makes the Keo Grip cleats that have been out for many, many years. Speedplay also finally came out with a Walkable cleat.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: do pedals make any differecne [iwaters] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't call it running, more of a messed up form trot (heavy heel striking when I walk/trot in my cycling shoes with shimano spd-sl's). I once was too lazy to take off my shoes and went up a flight a hardwood stairs (forgot to grab something in my home office).....that was interesting. Had to side step it like a kid who just learned how to go down stairs (who could barely walk).
Quote Reply