Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Robbed of bike mid-race?!?!?!
Quote | Reply
Jeez, they aren't even waiting until you rack your bike in transition to steal it:

http://triathlonmagazine.ca/feature/robber-knocks-brazilian-triathlete-off-bike-steals-mid-race/

Quote Reply
Re: Robbed of bike mid-race?!?!?! [dr.dre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's why you gotta do the 2 x 20min @ 88-90%. They can't catch you with an FTP of 310w.

That's science.
Last edited by: p3: Feb 27, 17 9:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! That's just nuts.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Robbed of bike mid-race?!?!?! [p3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
p3 wrote:
That's why you gotta do the 2 x 20min @ 88-90%. They can't catch you with an FTP of 310w.

That's science.

Me thinks you'd need a couple thousand times more ftp than that to outrun a bullet. But if the robber is a bad aim then you might not have to be that fast.

Man...now I gotta worry about getting "jacked" on my bike in addition to my car!

That is pretty messed up but at least he didn't get seriously hurt.
Quote Reply
Re: Robbed of bike mid-race?!?!?! [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe if you weave a lot (intentionally) and if the robber is not a marksman and you're a moving target (flying along at 25mph plus), maybe you have a fair chance of avoiding a bullet.

But, admittedly, this is not a risk-free proposition.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Robbed of bike mid-race?!?!?! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is something to consider....but remember this is a triathlete so we gotta assume the bike handling skills won't allow for such intricate weaving without being able to not crash.

But seriously the guy did something right as he is still alive and not seriously hurt.
Quote Reply
Re: Robbed of bike mid-race?!?!?! [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loxx0050 wrote:
But seriously the guy did something right as he is still alive and not seriously hurt.

x1000 ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did La Ruta in 2011. On stage 4 we rode through pineapple plantations and bandits "mugged" dudes of their bikes. Poor guys were sitting on the side of the trail.
Quote Reply
Re: Robbed of bike mid-race?!?!?! [p3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The police were unable to immediately catch the robber, who quickly escaped on the bike."

But what about the robber: Does he do 2x20s? Is he keeping it 80/20? Sleeved suit? Full on aero helmet or aero road?
Quote Reply