Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BUILD FELT IA10 - What aerobar system would you recommend?
Quote | Reply
Hi everybody!

I just ordered my Felt IA10 frameset and I'm trying to decide what aerobar system to use.
As for the other components, I'll go Shimano Di2 (same as the original setup for this model), TriRig Omega X brakes and Vision TriMax carbon crankset.

My first though was to use the Profile Design Aeria T4, but I'd love to hear some ideas/experiences from you IA owners.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: BUILD FELT IA10 - What aerobar system would you recommend? [JCAndroid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just upgraded my IA16 to an Alpha X. I recommend that one.

The stock IA stem sucks. So, I would recommend he Dagger stem at a minimum. But, the Alpha X is the total package and solves multiple challenges with awesome.

I love that Trimax Carbon crank. It was on my short list, then I found a really good price on a SRAM Red 22 crank. So, that is what I am running now.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Feb 25, 17 17:11
Quote Reply
Re: BUILD FELT IA10 - What aerobar system would you recommend? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That Alpha X looks awesome! Nice choice man.

I knew about the brakes, but I never really looked at any other TriRig products.
Quote Reply
Re: BUILD FELT IA10 - What aerobar system would you recommend? [JCAndroid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put the Profile T1 carbon extensions on it. I highly recommend Profile carbon extensions. I love the elongated shape where the ends meet the shifters. Major comfort, aero, and hot looks happening there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll tell you what I would not really recommend, Profile Design Aeria...it's what I have on my Argon 18 and it has a pretty high stack, so from an adjustability standpoint it's limited. Of course if you need to pedestal then I'm sure it's fine, but I have the opposite fit requirements and I had to go to a very unconventional stem to make it work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just put a Tririg Alpha X (and omega x brakes) on my IA10.
Quote Reply
Re: BUILD FELT IA10 - What aerobar system would you recommend? [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting.
I'm not sure if that could be a problem for me. The setup on my current Felt B14 is using the factory Felt Bayonet wing with clip on Profile design T3+. It's fairly high, I have the stem all the way down and feels right.

Thanks for your input man.
Last edited by: JCAndroid: Feb 26, 17 18:33
Quote Reply
Re: BUILD FELT IA10 - What aerobar system would you recommend? [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That Alpha/Omega combo is pretty cool.
They have an IA10in the TriRig website with the same combo and looks freakin' hot.

Congrats dude!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would also try looking at the Zipp Vuka Aero, as opposed to the Stealth, because then you can also change stems and you can tilt the extensions.

The nicest thing about the tririg stem and bar combo is your cables are completely hidden and out of the wind, with the center pull hole in the stem. You can get that with the Zipp Vuka Stealth too
Last edited by: jeremyebrock: Feb 26, 17 18:28
Quote Reply
Re: BUILD FELT IA10 - What aerobar system would you recommend? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here. And the Alpha X looks great. Do you think there will be any airflow issues with the gap in front of the calpac as the Felt stem filled that space behind to the side of the steerer tube and the Alpha X just goes tight around it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JCAndroid wrote:
Hi everybody!

I just ordered my Felt IA10 frameset and I'm trying to decide what aerobar system to use.
As for the other components, I'll go Shimano Di2 (same as the original setup for this model), TriRig Omega X brakes and Vision TriMax carbon crankset.

My first though was to use the Profile Design Aeria T4, but I'd love to hear some ideas/experiences from you IA owners.

Cheers!
You've nailed it - PD Aeria T4.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: BUILD FELT IA10 - What aerobar system would you recommend? [TriPhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not know. Aesthetically, I do not like the gap. But, most bikes do not have nearly as integrated a stem/frame as the IA. Most just have the post above the frame. And best case, they might have a bento behind the stem, so that would be similar to the Felt with an Alpha X. My guess is that the stem/frame/Capac aero integration is degraded from the stock setup, but probably not as significant as the overall upside of the bars.
Quote Reply
Re: BUILD FELT IA10 - What aerobar system would you recommend? [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any reason why you would choose the PD Aeria T4 over the Tririg Alpha system? I like the price point of the AL version.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: BUILD FELT IA10 - What aerobar system would you recommend? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Any reason why you would choose the PD Aeria T4 over the Tririg Alpha system? I like the price point of the AL version.
I like the armpads and ease of manipulation better. They just work, are super easy to adjust, and I prefer the armrest shape and padding over the Tri Rig and over the Zipp option (HATE the scoops).

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: BUILD FELT IA10 - What aerobar system would you recommend? [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see. Any reason to go with the carbon version over aluminum besides saving 200g? I see them go on ebay for as low as $250 BNIB sometimes....

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: BUILD FELT IA10 - What aerobar system would you recommend? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
I see. Any reason to go with the carbon version over aluminum besides saving 200g? I see them go on ebay for as low as $250 BNIB sometimes....
If you can find the real deal carbon option for that price anywhere let me know so i can buy them.

The AL version doesn't have the armpads that provide rotational adjustment (they are plastic and fixed, where as the metal one has bolt holes that let you rotate the armpad). You can buy those at $50 retail if you want that adjustment capability but want the price of the AL.

Trent Nix
Last edited by: trentnix: May 19, 17 13:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello JCAndroid and All,

Not available yet by have you considered http://www.morf-tech.com/ ?

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the brake I'd go with either the Felt that comes stock on the IA 14 & 16. You won't be any faster or slower which ever way you go but one will lighten your wallet a bit more, then again after losing the cover on a big bump.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: May 19, 17 14:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the Aeria (built up by Trent too). I bought the Alpha X, but cups/pads sucked. They now sell tilt kit and better cups/pads and you are now up to over $1400 to get that all. the Alpha X nice, yes but at that price point the madness had to stop for me. I "downgraded" to The carbon version of the Aeria and am more comfortable, and thus probably faster even though the bar by itself may be slower. It's a very nice bar and with patience you can probably find a used one for a few hundred bucks which is what I paid.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: May 19, 17 18:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally got around to taking some pics - here's the Alpha X on an IA10:

Quote Reply
Re: BUILD FELT IA10 - What aerobar system would you recommend? [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where did that bento box come from?
Quote Reply
Re: BUILD FELT IA10 - What aerobar system would you recommend? [Viper966] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Viper966 wrote:
where did that bento box come from?

It's the 3D printed one from Shapeway here:

https://www.shapeways.com/...000ml-fuelselage-mod

Draft box is Quintana Roo
Quote Reply