Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ON shoes
Quote | Reply
Tried searching the forums but didn't see any related topics. Relatively new to running, about 3 years now, and been in Brooks the whole time. My Z2 pace is about a 10:15m mile give or take 30s, so I'm not super fast. Plus, I do the triathlon trot ... Crowie/Rinnie I am not. Went into my LRS last night with the intent of trying on some Hokas (I hear they are comfortable), but was surprised how much I liked ON shoes. Anyone care to comment about their opinions or experiences with either?
Quote Reply
Re: ON shoes [ssh140p6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've run in the Clouds and the Cloudracers plenty. They're fine. I think the uppers are a little fragile and the laces are abysmal (especially on the Racer) but otherwise it's a solid shoe. I did like the "feel" of the shoe but am not willing to attribute that to the "cloud" outsole. The Racers didn't last all that long as the "clouds" tended to fall apart after a couple hundred miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great shoes. Mediocre durability.
And the soles always collected little rocks on dirt and gravel trails.

Went back to Adidas Boost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like mine. Have been through a couple pairs of clouds, trying the new cloudflow now. As mentioned above, biggest annoyance is getting a rock or acorn stuck in the middle, and thinking about that it what keeps me from trying their new trail running shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i got mine in kona and have run about 50 miles in them so far. i like them a lot. two days ago i decided i disliked the laces enough to switch them, but that's more of a taste thing than performance.
peggy
Quote Reply