Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

no brainer...or is it ??
Quote | Reply
OK, here's the deal. Like several of the rest of you, it's new bike time. Had my list pretty well narrowed down to Lucero or a Yaqui; leaning toward the Yaqui cause all the good things that have said here in numerous posts, particularly about the handling. Guys at my lbs made a run at me, they have an '04 C'dale 5000, that they ordered way back when they were closing them out for the model year, trying to entice me. I've been riding a C'dale 2000, and told them i wanted something different. Anyway, they've priced the 5000 to me @ $3250, which is pretty sweet (all DA, with Cosmic Carbone wheels, cause i already bought the 404's it came with from them). Anyway, for the value i'd be getting (saving +$1500), it seems like a no brainer, but i thought i'd give all of you a shot at convincing me to do something foolish. fire away !

what means this word 'change'? .....
Rappstar
Quote Reply
Re: no brainer...or is it ?? [rrfr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the 05 C'Dale IM6000, which was basically the same except the paint job was different and it was Campy Record instead of DA.

sweet ride, fast, comfy and if you have the zipps, you can sell the carbones and reduce the cost even further.

Nice, nice ride!!!!!!!

don't be swayed, if the bike fits you right.....go for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since you already have the Zipps, I'd tell the dealer to keep the Mavics and reduce the price even further. Now, how can you pass it up?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm starting to think i'm a broken record, as this is like the 4th time i've posted this. i just bought a new Lucero from Nytro (and I live on the east coast). Full Ultegra, witha "good" set of training wheels, for just over $3K. They let me mix and match just about every part to meet any price point I wanted. They would have sold it with further down-speced (or even NO) wheels if I wanted to save some $$. And thier cust.serv. was awesome. They even sent me a replacement fork when they cut the original 5mm too short for me

Point being, don't rule it out just yet, it is right at that price point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a really old '87 Cannondale that is just indestructible, so they are great, long-lasting bikes. However, since this seems to be a new bike that you want, vs. a new bike that you need, then perhaps that is not an issue. If the Cannondale fits you well then it does sound like a great deal.

I recommend Yaquis to anyone who has problems fitting themselves on the normal range of tri bikes, or who thinks the handling on their tri bike sucks. Mine climbs and decends as well as my road bike and I ride sections of road on the aerobars that used to terrify me on previous bikes. A Yaqui would be a good bike for anyone, but espically the hard-to-fit crowd.

Chad
Quote Reply