Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How good are R2C shifters [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a 2x10 speed Rival setup with SRAM R2C shifters.
I like them better for the right hand (rear derailleur).

My previous 105 bike was also 2x10 and the left/front shifter was basically a friction shifter. I found this easier to set up than the R2C front shifter/derailleur combo. It was also nice to be able to move the FD around more or less at will - for instance in an extreme or cross-chained gear combo where you'd ordinarily get a touch of derailleur rub, you could just adjust the FD position slightly to clear it.

Overall I like the R2C better, for the reason others mentioned - shifting without moving hand position.
But it's a pretty minor difference. I wouldn't go out of my way or pay vastly more for R2C.
If I was going to spend real money for shifting bliss, I'd get Di2 (or maybe eTap).

I can probably get some pictures later if you like, but my bike is pretty old school and low tech by Slowtwitch forum standards. Prepare to be underwhelmed ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: How good are R2C shifters [alathIN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. Low tech is always cool
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had them for over 6 years and I love them. (R2C Zipp for Shimano 10 speed). I wish they made an 11 speed version.

http://www.verynooty.com
Quote Reply
Re: How good are R2C shifters [BigH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SRAM I think is only 11 speed. But I agree I wish there was a 11 speed for shimano
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about doing a sram 11 speed rear derailleur and R2C 11 speed shifters with Shimano front derailleur and Shimano cranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The front derailleur probably wouldn't shift.
Quote Reply
Re: How good are R2C shifters [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So have to do all SRAM?
Quote Reply
Re: How good are R2C shifters [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had a pair for the last 6 years. Only switched because I went to Di2 otherwise I would still be on them.
Quote Reply
Re: How good are R2C shifters [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My R2C SRAM shifters continue to work well after 4 years of use.
Quote Reply

Prev Next