Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[biden fake facts]

websites that cater to those not smart enough to hang with duck dynasty should be off your media list. you're too smart for that.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephilia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia

But as you note, Milo was pretty specifically talking about pederasty.

I'm not sure how valid the distinction between hebephilia and ephebophilia is. Or how much overlap there is between hebephilia and pedophilia. Arguably classifying something as ephebophilia is a function of arbitrary laws about age.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hebephilia. that's it. i've never heard of it. now i'll know it if i ever get invited to appear on wait, wait, don't tell me.

but at least now i know the name for it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
[biden fake facts]

websites that cater to those not smart enough to hang with duck dynasty should be off your media list. you're too smart for that.

So I should stay off YouTube and not watch videos of Biden being a total fucking creep to little girls?

You don't find what is clearly shown in the video I posted to be problematic in any way?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Except it probably doesn't cover the age range Milo was talking about, and almost certainly doesn't describe the type of relationship he was talking about. Not sure why we need to be learning new words when pederasty is the issue, but whatever.

Sounds like hebephilia is an attraction to people who are in the process of sexual maturity, while ephebophilia is an attraction to people who are young but have attained sexual maturity, more or less?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[videos of Biden...]

first, yes. you're right. you ought to stay off youtube. second, you're watching somebody's sick construction of something he wishes were the case and, yes, there are more profitable ways to spend your time.

"You don't find what is clearly shown in the video"

i'm also informed of the very clear, undeniable evidence about the bilderbergs, the rosicrucians, the freemasons, and the 66 families, and that i'm a fool because i don't accept the truth of it staring me in the face.

when you type "conspiracy" into the google text box, and it auto-populates with the most requested searches, second down from the top is "right wing conspiracy sites". stay off of those.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
[videos of Biden...]

first, yes. you're right. you ought to stay off youtube. second, you're watching somebody's sick construction of something he wishes were the case and, yes, there are more profitable ways to spend your time.

"You don't find what is clearly shown in the video"

i'm also informed of the very clear, undeniable evidence about the bilderbergs, the rosicrucians, the freemasons, and the 66 families, and that i'm a fool because i don't accept the truth of it staring me in the face.

when you type "conspiracy" into the google text box, and it auto-populates with the most requested searches, second down from the top is "right wing conspiracy sites". stay off of those.

Yet if that was Trump, I'm pretty sure you would be very, very vocal about what was going on. I find it odd that you're avoiding addressing Biden's behavior in that video.

To be honest, it appears to be worse than the photo of Trump's hand on his daughter's thigh. And I thought that was inappropriate.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's pretty damn creepy. He crossed the line in terms of what is appropriate. The way he grabbed the girls by the arms and pulled them next to him and then put his face against theirs was pretty disturbing. I cannot think of anything to justify those actions.

x 2. I've never seen that before but it is more than creepy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"if that was Trump, I'm pretty sure you would be very, very vocal about what was going on."

well, it has been trump. and i have not been vocal about what was going on. most of my criticisms of trump have been focused on things other than the speculative, unprovable, lurid accusations about the attention he pays to his daughter.

politicians have enough of a tough time without having to endure accusations of creepy behavior by even creepier accusers.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you think the touching that Biden does in the video (and countless other videos of him doing this) of the very young girls (and you can watch an unedited hour long CSPAN video of him swearing in new senators where he clearly only touches young girls in this manner) is appropriate or not?

Yes or no, do you think the way Biden touches young girls is appropriate?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"if that was Trump, I'm pretty sure you would be very, very vocal about what was going on."

well, it has been trump. and i have not been vocal about what was going on. most of my criticisms of trump have been focused on things other than the speculative, unprovable, lurid accusations about the attention he pays to his daughter.

politicians have enough of a tough time without having to endure accusations of creepy behavior by even creepier accusers.

Where is there video of Trump touching little girls? Please post a link.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

Bullshit! So, the problem is not in Biden's behavior, but in the behavior of those who think it is creepy? Do you know how disturbing that is?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I be interested to hear which accusers he's calling "creepier". You know, name names.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Like I said I want following this in detail. Makes sense to me.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have heard him spout out a lot about free speech and he is very effective at trolling the dumber segments of the left.

Having said that he is boring to listen to. His opinions are childish and boorish, but banning him from CPAC was idiotic. Wait, booking him at CPAC was idiotic. The right has used him as a poster child for the left's censorship ideology and wanted to use him as a cudgel to beat the Berkeley rioter-morons with. Now, because he said something they don't like, he is banned from speaking at their event. Pot, meet kettle.

Just chalk it up to one more hypocritical move by the right.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
These older/younger relationships aren't automatically bad because of some arbitrary numerical "age of consent" and the idea that being attracted to someone under 18 but has fully mature and functioning sex organs makes you a pedophile is incorrect.

I agree that being attracted to a minor doesn't make you a pedophile. The human brain isn't fully developed until about 25 which is why we have laws that treat younger people differently than adults. We have laws restricting certain professions from having sex with people, like teachers, because they are in a position of power and influence. When someone who's 30 or 40 and is having sex with a minor it feels very predatory. Without the same mental development and life experiences it seems like the adult in the "relationship" is in for sex and adoration.

It reminds me of something Oscar Wilde wrote. Near the end of this life he asked his friend and lover Robby Ross “In loving one of those boys, did you ever love anyone of them for themselves?” And he pauses and says, “No, I never did.” And Wilde says, “Neither did I.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Slowman wrote:
"Bill Clinton is the epitome of a misogynist. His status among so-called advocates for women is mind boggling"

donald trump is the epitome of a misogynist. His status among women (or any) republican voters is mind boggling.

it took you one post to backslide from your agreement with me that both sides can acts in ways equally morally repugnant.

Just because I didn't say that Trump is a misogynist doesn't mean I don't think he is.

Trump isn't defended by "advocates for women" either. Quite the opposite. All I'm asking for is consistency. If you engage in misogynistic behavior you should be condemned by "advocates for women", or not, whether you are a D or a R.

Seems like to me a big difference between Trump and Clinton is that with the latter there's plausible deniability not so much with the former.

Are you saying that Clinton did not use his power as president to receive head from a MUCH YOUNGER (20 year old, same age as girl in my cat incident, btw), for which there was an admission of "no reciprocity?

Do you even know what "no reciprocity" means?

It means that, on numerous occasions, Monica lewinsky (at 20 and 21 years old) sucked off her boss, the POTUS, and he didn't even have the common decency to pleasure her in any way.

Is there any such credible story of Trump doing something like that?

This is a lot like your threshold for evil, amazingly low when you're arguing in a thread. I don't think most people would consider that misogynistic. Selfish maybe, but not misogynistic.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's indicative of misogynistic behavior. Add it together with all the other stories, evidence, etc. that's out there....

If it walks like a duck....

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
hebephilia. that's it. i've never heard of it. now i'll know it if i ever get invited to appear on wait, wait, don't tell me.

but at least now i know the name for it.

Is that where the term "Heebie Jeebies" comes from?

Just wondering

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
It's indicative of misogynistic behavior. Add it together with all the other stories, evidence, etc. that's out there....

If it walks like a duck....

Yeah I'm not arguing Clinton isn't a piece of shit (or from what I've read more like a rascal who likes to see what he can get away with), I'm just saying if that's all you got there's still plausible deniability.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like this take on the whole deal.

http://www.esquire.com/.../a53306/who-is-milo/

FORGETTING MILO
I DIDN'T KNOW HIS NAME LAST YEAR. I WON'T REMEMBER IT NEXT YEAR.

So you can tell me he's achieved marginal success. You can tell me he's developed a shtick. You can tell me he's found an audience (and you can probably also tell me every member of that audience owns a Harambe T-shirt). What you cannot do is convince me he's interesting.

He never did get around to saying anything we haven't heard before. Because he can't.
So we are, at least for the moment, finished with him. When and if he comes trolling back, remember this: Getting angry at Milo is like getting angry at the mannequin challenge. You can start a boycott, you can make a sign to hold at a protest, or you can wait 10 days. The brand is nothing but provocation, and provocation for its own sake is unsustainable.
Our attention is a finite resource, and we don't have to pay it out to everyone who shows up at our door looking for it.
Milo ended today's press conference by reasserting his value as a cultural figure and assuring us that "America will judge [him] accordingly." Exactly. We always do. He has spent the last year straining for the one-name cultural ubiquity of a Beyoncé or a Cher, and while I'm annoyed he hung around long enough for me to have to develop an opinion on him, I am comforted by the fact that in one year I won't remember even that single name.
</html

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FORGETTING MILO
I DIDN'T KNOW HIS NAME LAST YEAR. I WON'T REMEMBER IT NEXT YEAR.

My sister's dog is MILO and he doesn't have a last name either but unlike that loud mouth, I'll remember her MILO next month.

Quote Reply

Prev Next