Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How do you measure power output increases due to equipment?
Quote | Reply
I was speaking with someone today about an Olympic team that quantified power output increases due to equipment changes (unrelated to watts saved due to aerodynamics). I'm hoping to hear some more about the team's protocol, but I thought I would ask for some thoughts here on the forum.

The first thing that comes to mind is to measure power while connected to a metabolic cart while recording lactate level.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: How do you measure power output increases due to equipment? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to quantify here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ack-jobs_P6195586-2/ (post #43)
an alleged power increase of Qrings relative to round rings in comparing Heart Frequency with power.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you measure power output increases due to equipment? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you give an example?
Mechanical efficiencies are usually done with calibrated motors/rigs and such (friction facts comes to mind). Even so, I would think field testing would answer most of this, but some differences might be too small to detect.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is tough. But it's tougher when you're stupid. -John Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: How do you measure power output increases due to equipment? [karlaj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply