Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yet another 'triathlon car' ?
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this is gonna be a hot seller, but, of all car companies, Kia is now getting into the (microscopic) triathlon car market.

Might not be brand new, but saw word of this at the chicago auto show.

The Kia "Niro Triathlon":

The doors are cool though ... but I guess you're not gonna bring your family with you to your race ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Feb 15, 17 5:40
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another 'triathlon car' ? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Not sure if this is gonna be a hot seller, but, of all car companies, Kia is now getting into the (microscopic) triathlon car market.

Might not be brand new, but saw word of this at the chicago auto show.

The Kia "Niro Triathlon":

The doors are cool though ... but I guess you're not gonna bring your family with you to your race ...

What an awful design . If I was gonna build a tri specific car , Id at least make it big enough to fit the bike safe inside.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a good Sherpa vehicle for race support
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it self driving ? I don't see a steering wheel.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another 'triathlon car' ? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:

Must be 'fly-by-wire' ...

Wink

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another 'triathlon car' ? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:

I saw an article somewhere about it a few months ago. Self Driving and can also function as a lead out vehicle where you follow behind on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That might be about the last vehicle I would buy for triathlon. If the bike stows outside I'm out. Is there really only one (deckchair-looking) seat?

I'll take my boring van: bike goes in without taking anything down, stays clean and dry; sliding doors aren't maybe as sexy as suicide doors, but just as functional; tailgate provides some shelter from rain when open. No brainer.

I will chuckle heartily if I see one of those things at the races this coming season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Leddy wrote:

Must be 'fly-by-wire' ...

Wink

Ooooooh. Nice!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting how they're both marketed with an IA. Not only would I think that a car based around bike storage would use a road bike because that market is far larger, but I'd also think it would be a P5; maybe it's just where I live/race but I don't see many people riding IA's compared to other brands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a "Perfect Chair" recliner sitting in the driver's space. Not very good for driving, unless you like to drive laying down.

http://www.humantouch.com/perfect-chairs.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well they got the single seat right-- cuz anyone driving that thing is pretty much guaranteed to be single for life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No recovery boots/altitude tent setup for post race commute? waste.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, are you supposed to practice Yoga where the passenger seat should be?

And what's up with the bread box in the passenger seat foot area? Just to keep your store of carbs close by?

IMO, this is a stupid design...is the bike literally on the OUTSIDE of the car, exposed to the elements?

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fugly redefined.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like they are going to totally dominate that market by selling it to all 5 people, who may be interested in such thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another 'triathlon car' ? [kgro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kgro wrote:
Looks like they are going to totally dominate that market by selling it to all 5 people, who may be interested in such thing.

x1000

--
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another 'triathlon car' ? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
IMO, this is a stupid design...is the bike literally on the OUTSIDE of the car, exposed to the elements?

Yeah when I saw the bike dangling off the back I assumed that the rack was some sort of drawer so you could mount the bike then push it into the car (into the empty space where there is no passenger seat). But I can't find any pictures online that confirm this. Also, car doesn't look tall enough.

It's a cute idea. I like the look of the car. But I just don't get how you drive around if you have to leave your trunk open all the time.
Quote Reply