Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike rentals/indoor computrainer type classes in Venice/Santa Monica?
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I am travling to LA and specifically Santa Monica/Venice next week. I would like to keep the triathlon bike training going? Any good tri friendly bike shops that I can rent a proper bike from? Secondly, are there any triathlon type indoor bike classes (not spinning) that exists in Venice or Santa Monica? thx!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike rentals/indoor computrainer type classes in Venice/Santa Monica? [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Helen's Cycles rents bikes. They have a couple different locations to choose from. Don't believe they rent any Tri bikes only road bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike rentals/indoor computrainer type classes in Venice/Santa Monica? [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're in the 5'9"-5'10" zip code, you're welcome to borrow my road or tri bike. Speedplay pedals or BYO. Oddly I have STI shifters on bullhorns of tri bike (switch to bar ends for races) to navigate L.A. traffic and Santa Monica mountains, so if that bothers you then look elsewhere.

Regarding your second question, I have no idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on Helen's for rentals -- there's one on Lincoln Boulevard (near Venice) and one on Broadway (in Santa Monica). I don't know about tri bikes but for road bikes, I know they rent Cannondale Synapses which I've rented from other shops while on the road. I'd call to see if they have other options.

Winburn Studios runs 75 minute CompuTrainer cycling classes a few days a week out of the Giant bike shop on Main Street in Santa Monica. I've never been so I can't vouch for the sessions but I can point you to some great routes.

Have a nice visit!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cry Baby House in Venice, if it's still open. I've never been, but heard great things.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Re: Bike rentals/indoor computrainer type classes in Venice/Santa Monica? [SharonMcN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rented from Synaptics Cycles last time I went to visit my sister in Santa Monica. They delivered a DI2 Focus, and it was a great experience.
Quote Reply