Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Please help to choose Non-IM race
Quote | Reply
Within my reasonable driving distance I am between Peasantman and Mi Titanium

Please help me too choose.
I have read about Mi Ti - not sure about it because it says a lot of chip seal, that I don't like.
On another hand it has 4 run loops. Being a so-so runner, I think I will like it better.

Peasant man - not so much info, it seems a small race. I cannot find results from year before, got 404 page instead

I would appreciate if you share your experience and help me to choose.

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Please help to choose Non-IM race [potomuchto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MiTi is a hometown race for me and I train on the course regularly. There is a fair bit of chip seal but most of it's older so it's been packed down. The organizers are fantastic people and the volunteers are top notch. I believe last year was the first year of the four loop run course and friends who raced said they really enjoyed it, especially those finishing later in the evening. Grand Rapids is also a fun place to visit. I believe the organizers just created a FB group for MiTi if you have any specific questions for them. Lori will get back to you almost immediately.

Unfortunately I haven't heard of the other race.
Quote Reply
Re: Please help to choose Non-IM race [potomuchto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced PeasantMan the first year and again in 2016. In 2013 I think there were 20 or so of us at the line for the full. The race folks did everything they could to ensure a fun day for all. The water is very clean, the bike is 4 loops and the run 4 out and backs. Once the people going the half were off the roads there were long periods on the bike where I saw nobody but the volunteers at the aid stations. They were terrific. Scenic for sure and a bit strange (in a good way) to feel like the whole course is yours alone. 2016 was different, a storm came in race morning and the swim was clean but tough with swells, the bike leg wet with hail and the weather didn't clear till I hit T2. The race folks did their best with the conditions, it was a tough day and the photographer and announcer bailed. I still had a blast and the volunteers were still terrific. I think 10 of us finished the full, again about 20 give or take at the start. The half and olympic get a crowd, the full not so much.
Quote Reply