Quote | Reply
Will be in Key West next week.
Looking for best beach to OWS.
Also places to run.

Thanks, Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Key West OWS and runs [toolmaker61] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last time I was in KW I swam at Fort Zachery Taylor beach or Higgs Beach. As for running do it early in the morning before traffic gets busy and definately before any cruise ships let out. I just ran from one end of Duval to the other then cut over to one block to Whitehead and down to the other end and back. For a long run follow Hwy 1 and with some swatch backs you can run around the island. Enjoy. KW is great fun.

For food try Mangia Mangia Pasta Cafe 900 Southard Street for dinner and Pepe's at 806 Caroline Street for breakfast. Outstanding food.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Last edited by: ironweber717: Feb 7, 17 10:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try this link.....www.trikw.com/race-maps?lightbox=dataItem-iw31jeu0
Not sure where you are staying, off higgs beach pier to pier is probably safest spot to swim, also the sidewalk is very wide and smooth along the Atlantic side for plenty of miles and no traffic
Enjoy your stay

==================
Cervelo P3 / Flo 60/90
RTA Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5 min drive from Duval street is 1 island up "stock island". Golf course is there and there is a nice greenway ish paved trail probaly 3-4 miles long I'd say. Very peaceful and not a lot of traffic. It's connected to key west by like a 20 foot bridge so don't even realize your on another island.

(I lived there 10 years ago).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't forget to go to Blue Heaven
Quote Reply
Re: Key West OWS and runs [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
squid wrote:
Don't forget to go to Blue Heaven

Green Parrot as well. Just not for breakfast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For sure an awesome place to visit. When I was there I went to fort zachary park as stated above, it's kept calm by big reefs and it's perfectly straight!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been to KW a number of times for ows and running races. I always thought it would be a great place for a ows/run weekend event. ows on Saturday, road race on Sunday (or maybe an aquathon). I know a bunch of folks that would go. I once ran this idea by Bill Welzian, RD for the Swim Around Key West, suggesting it could be done in collaboration with Southernmost Runners (KW running club). He wasn't as enthusiastic about it as I was.
Quote Reply