Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

When will we see SRAM Force etap?
Quote | Reply
Title says it all. I've seen speculation on roadie forums that based on ultegra di2 coming out 2 years after the initial DA di2, we could see force etap sometime in the 2017 calendar year. Would love to hear further from ST on info or thoughts.

Go.
Last edited by: PBT_2009: Feb 4, 17 10:45
Quote Reply
Re: When will we see SRAM Force etap? [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who knows, likely 2018?
That said, the red etap upgrade group isnt priced much worse than ultegra di2, is it?
Can always use force cranks and brakes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
force di2

shimano loves you for this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think we're more likely to see some version of eTap 1x (cage long enough for a 36t and a clutch) before we see it trickle down to the Force level. Personally, I'd love to see eTap 1x12.
Quote Reply
Re: When will we see SRAM Force etap? [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
PBT_2009 wrote:
force di2

shimano loves you for this

Haaa. Oops! Exactly why they need to get in there and challenge the lower price point and get some of that market share! OP edited to say etap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least a year after you can Red kit. I am looking to do1x and you still can't individually buy at least half the parts.
Quote Reply
Re: When will we see SRAM Force etap? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you an get the individual parts if you look BUT they are expensive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
Title says it all. I've seen speculation on roadie forums that based on ultegra di2 coming out 2 years after the initial DA di2, we could see force etap sometime in the 2017 calendar year. Would love to hear further from ST on info or thoughts.

Go.

I doubt there's a set date based on trailing eTap Red by a certain length of time. I suspect it's all a matter of when they see sales of the existing system taper off to a certain level, then they'll bring in a lower priced line to bolsters sales. I have to believe that eTap Red is one of, if not THE, highest margin product in SRAM's line. As long as it's selling well, there's no reason to offer an alternative with lower margins. Because once Force eTap is available, it will be the lion's share of SRAM's eTap sales....just as Ultegra is for Shimano's Di2.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: When will we see SRAM Force etap? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess it does come down to business principles at the end, either lower volume at high margin or vice versa. Thats a good point.

I was thinking of the general consensus and some of the comments from the etap vs 9100 DADI2 thread (http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...and_why%3F_P6153779/) that etap wins and it's not even close. If sram could do the same thing at the force/ultegra level, it seems they could really gain a ton of market share, as ultegra di2 seems to be a really popular product and it's brought electronic shifting to the masses, but it really has no similarly priced competitors.
Quote Reply
Re: When will we see SRAM Force etap? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EBay. I just grabbed a RD and blip box for ~$600. Planning on making custom blips to save some money in the end.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:

Go.

I think a long time, possibly a force 1x setup aimed at cross, but right now from a financial standpoint they have no reason to come down in price. Sram has no real competitor right now offering wireless and at the current market price ( approximately 1150-1350) it is just slightly more than UDi2 and cheaper than DA Di2.
Quote Reply
Re: When will we see SRAM Force etap? [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have never seen eTap anywhere close to $1150. Do tell...
Quote Reply
Re: When will we see SRAM Force etap? [chrisgrigsby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$1265 - https://www.bike24.com/p2166649.html

Not quite 1150 but still cheaper than the usual 14-1500.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: When will we see SRAM Force etap? [chrisgrigsby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisgrigsby wrote:
I have never seen eTap anywhere close to $1150. Do tell...

Sorry for the late reply. You have to watch a wide variety of sites carefully and eventually you will find it for 1150-1200.

Domestically i would watch arts and biketiresdirect, both have occasional sales where you can discount Sram Etap down a lot. 1150 is from the UK (ribble, bike24, etc), i have seen it at various locations, the key is if you have to pay tax or not. It seems that sram has tightened up on US dealers allowing discount codes on Etap as some of the previous deals i have seen are no longer up. In fact this is why i just bought Di2 again.
Last edited by: Ron_Burgundy: Feb 9, 17 18:10
Quote Reply
Re: When will we see SRAM Force etap? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh. I hope you're wrong and they release an assortment of options.
Quote Reply