Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wetsuits now allowed in FINA OW races when water below 68*F (20*C) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Really, nowadays, with the rubber available, 3mm arms are no problem. Was I a wetsuit maker today, that might be the suit I'd make. That said, I think that rule sounds dumb.

Rule 4.2.4. Rubber can be thinner in places where more flexibility is needed.
I think I know someone who can design the perfect suit.
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuits now allowed in FINA OW races when water below 68*F (20*C) [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That doesn t make sense. Must be a typo or they need to go back for an other meeting. .The thickness of material/s used shall be minimum 3mm and maximum 5mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuits now allowed in FINA OW races when water below 68*F (20*C) [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rumpled wrote:
Pussies!
That's my opinion. 68 F is freakin' warm here in SoCal and many other places.
IMHO FINA has ruined many traditions ( my traditions being limited to California beach starts and finishes) of open water swimming with their dock starts and touch pad finishes.

For a swim only event, I would put the wetsuit limit at 60 or below, but even that should be a separate pussy division with the medals going to the non wetsuite swimmers.

Oh please. The reason Webb didn't sue a wetsuit is because they weren't invented. Should we stop using goggles too? Run barefoot perhaps?
Quote Reply

Prev Next