Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Full Carbon Custom Tri Bike Shoe: Your Input Wanted [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uppers are semi-flexible. He can alter this as needed.

For both of my current shoes, I met with Simmons had him to the casting. He travels to speed skating events all over, so it hasn't been too hard for me to meet up with him and it paid off. Both have fit perfectly with no issues, and I respect that he'll completely remake the shoe to get it right, no extra charge beyond shipping.

For some people, including Olympic and World Tour level cyclists, a solution just can't be figured out, and then they go back to their stock shoe and that works for them even worse after trying a custom solution. My take: it's a communication issue around communicating expectations, knowing what to expect, and accepting a novel experience; a high level of self-awareness. That's not customer blaming by any means, but rather, knowing how to prod that level of awareness and communication out of the consumer is, I think, a huge skill to be had in the UX space. I mean, the number one rule in UX research is to not ask the consumer's opinion, but rather to observe their behavior, movement and preferences over time....

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Full Carbon Custom Tri Bike Shoe: Your Input Wanted [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this for the shoe with the aero buckle and slightly extended heel? If it works well and he offers them, I may also get one.

Also was it his standard 1800 price?
Quote Reply
Re: Full Carbon Custom Tri Bike Shoe: Your Input Wanted [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cajer wrote:
Is this for the shoe with the aero buckle and slightly extended heel? If it works well and he offers them, I may also get one.

Also was it his standard 1800 price?

While 10 of those buckles have been made to use, that shoe is still being problem solved (angle of lid coming down and engaging buckle is tricky), so this show is still a thought experiment but I can post updates ...

Quote Reply
Re: Full Carbon Custom Tri Bike Shoe: Your Input Wanted [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is where I was planning to go on my next test to try making a little better aerodynamics without compromising the "like a glove" fit... as with many of my projects I sort of lost steam though

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Full Carbon Custom Tri Bike Shoe: Your Input Wanted [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
this is where I was planning to go on my next test to try making a little better aerodynamics without compromising the "like a glove" fit... as with many of my projects I sort of lost steam though

That’s looking awesome!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That does look awesome. I'd be down for a custom aero shoe that I can get on and off with some relative ease and speed.

I dont want to gain power efficiency from a custom shoe just to lose it to the wind.
Quote Reply
Re: Full Carbon Custom Tri Bike Shoe: Your Input Wanted [Mbellis5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mbellis5 wrote:
That does look awesome. I'd be down for a custom aero shoe that I can get on and off with some relative ease and speed.

I dont want to gain power efficiency from a custom shoe just to lose it to the wind.

You know, while I have Simmons tied up with other prototype work right now (see the Big Units most recent Strava posts; or images of RVB's bike for hints...), if you or anyone ping David Simmons on IG saying you'd like the aero shoe he's developing for Rudy, it might put a fire under his ass! ha. I'd appreciate that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Simmons saddles look pretty good. I made a crappy carbon arione once... gained a lot of respect for how hard it is to make a comfortable saddle, especially one that works for a range of people :D :D

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hit up simmons on IG, saw longs saddle which looks nice... didn't notice any hints at an aero shoe.

What kind of rail system is simmons using with his saddles?
Quote Reply
Re: Full Carbon Custom Tri Bike Shoe: Your Input Wanted [Mbellis5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mbellis5 wrote:
I hit up simmons on IG, saw longs saddle which looks nice... didn't notice any hints at an aero shoe.

What kind of rail system is simmons using with his saddles?

Being Prototypes, he has been recycling some rails.

Yes, the buckle above is about as far as that she was made it right now. His entire focus has been on prototyping the other projects right now.

Quote Reply

Prev Next